PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!!!!

clayp
09-28-08, 01:20 PM
Howdy you all just stopping by to say hi...:D System still down and it looks like it will be for a long time..:down: Hope you all are good.....:)

peabody
09-28-08, 01:27 PM
Howdy you all just stopping by to say hi...:D System still down and it looks like it will be for a long time..:down: Hope you all are good.....:)

Hey Buddy, sorry you are still down. Hope you get it fixed soon. Hope your health is holding up well!!!! Hurry back, I don't have anyone to pick on.:rotfl:. You take care.
What's wrong with it, did it just quit, or do you know?

Peabody

badaboom
09-28-08, 08:37 PM
Great to see you again skipper:up:

clayp
09-29-08, 12:14 AM

Hey Buddy, sorry you are still down. Hope you get it fixed soon. Hope your health is holding up well!!!! Hurry back, I don't have anyone to pick on.:rotfl:. You take care.

Peabody

It just quit one night when I was flying il2FB's with my group..I thought it was the video card because the display went haywire like a jigsaw puzzel.BFG sent me another but its worse,the system wont post or boot.Looking like its the MB..I dont know if EVGA will stand behind it and I have no money..Also I have to work on it on the floor and it is extreamly hard..Thanks for for asking...Pick on Webster or somebody...:rotfl: :rotfl:

peabody
09-29-08, 01:58 AM

Peabody
It just quit one night when I was flying il2FB's with my group..I thought it was the video card because the display went haywire like a jigsaw puzzel.BFG sent me another but its worse,the system wont post or boot.Looking like its the MB..I dont know if EVGA will stand behind it and I have no money..Also I have to work on it on the floor and it is extreamly hard..Thanks for for asking...Pick on Webster or somebody...:rotfl: :rotfl:

That's too bad. Did you contact EVGA? I hope they will go good for it. Good luck with it. Keep in touch.
Peabody

Rockin Robbins
09-29-08, 05:34 AM
EVGA is a mighty fine company. I'll bet they can help you out. Clayp, check to make sure that graphics card is fully seated and try it again. Sometimes removing it and reinstalling it (rock it end to end in its slot a little to move out any dirt that might be on one of the pins) will fix you up. Also make sure you have all the power connections (if any) on the graphics card hooked up.

On my ASUS motherboard I had some strangely labeled power plug-in on my motherboard. In order to use SLI I had to give that some power, but my Asian manual didn't make that clear. For almost a year I had weirdness until I stumbled across a well-hidden sentence while looking for something else.

Take care Clayp and don't be a stranger around here.:up:

SteamWake
09-29-08, 11:27 AM
Good lord Clay, you have more system problems than anyone I can think of :p

It sounds like either a motherboard or psu (power supply) failure to me.

Anyhow good luck hope you get it working again. :sunny:

ReallyDedPoet
09-29-08, 11:30 AM
Hang in there clay :yep::up:

RDP

clayp
09-29-08, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys I'm working on it....:D Peabody heres 3 guys you can pick on...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

clayp
10-03-08, 09:29 PM
UP AND RUNNING!!!!! The problem with the system turned out to be nothing but...STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!......:88)

Defiance
10-04-08, 07:18 AM
Stupidity is underated ;)

Glad you're up n running again

badaboom
10-04-08, 07:40 AM
Well,If it didn't cost any $$ than it's all good!:up:

Webster
10-04-08, 03:56 PM
there are no stupid people :know: , there are only stupid computers :yep:

Sailor Steve
10-04-08, 07:19 PM
I resent that. I work hard at being stupid, and I'm proud of my achievments in that category. And now you tell my I'm not? We gonna have to fight about dat!:88)

SteamWake
10-04-08, 07:27 PM
I for one would like to hear the nature of this 'stupidity'.

I spent many hours troubleshooting a sound card once. The sound volume slider keep going down. Id max it and down it went.... Stupid sound card...

So I swapped it out for an old one.... Same problem. Strangely enough the problem went away when I unplugged my headphones :huh: it seems there is a volume control on them that had 'stuck' in the lower volume position.

Im tellin you I spent two days trying to fix this problem. It took 10 seconds to pry the button with a pocket knife :rotfl: :rotfl:

Then there is the story of the guy whom called tech support.... "I was working when the screen suddenly went blank" The tech went through a litteny of things and finally asked "Is it plugged in?" to which the customer replyed "I cant tell we lost power and the lights are out"

Lastly "It said insert disk three but only two would fit"

clayp
10-04-08, 07:39 PM
I for one would like to hear the nature of this 'stupidity'.

I spent many hours troubleshooting a sound card once. The sound volume slider keep going down. Id max it and down it went.... Stupid sound card...

So I swapped it out for an old one.... Same problem. Strangely enough the problem went away when I unplugged my headphones :huh: it seems there is a volume control on them that had 'stuck' in the lower volume position.

Im tellin you I spent two days trying to fix this problem. It took 10 seconds to pry the button with a pocket knife :rotfl: :rotfl:

Then there is the story of the guy whom called tech support.... "I was working when the screen suddenly went blank" The tech went through a litteny of things and finally asked "Is it plugged in?" to which the customer replyed "I cant tell we lost power and the lights are out"

Lastly "It said insert disk three but only two would fit"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: MY SIDES ARE HURTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peabody
10-04-08, 07:58 PM
You laugh at the plugged in joke: Here is a true story.
Friend calls, sound doesn't work, try this, try that, OK lets start simple,

"Is it plugged in"
"Just a sec let me get behind and check, yes it is"

Ok, try this, nope, try that, nope.
"Take the card out, put it back in to be sure it's seated properly"
" Ok, give me a few minutes I'll be down to look at it."

Go down, play with this and that....
"Are you sure this is plugged in?"

Sure was!!! The speakers were plugged in the wall, they were not plugged into the sound card.

I am very happy to hear you are stupid Clay. Now you will fit in.
Glad you got it fixed.

Clay, POST SOMETHING>>>you are at 999. Not your age, I mean your post count. Don't you get a free drink or something at 1000?
Peabody

Christopher Snow
10-04-08, 08:12 PM
Hehe. That one reminds me of the famous "cupholder."

--------------

PC Phone Tech (attempting diagnosis of PC issue): "Ma'am...do you have your original CD?"

Lady: "Yes. Yes I do."

PC Phone Tech: "Great! Please push the CD tray button and put the CD into the tray."

Lady: "Uh...what? I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused...."

PC Phone Tech: "Put the CD into the CD tray. The CD tray will 'pop' out from the front of the PC when you push button (heck, lady! just try all the buttons except the off switch!)...and then you put the CD into the tray and push the button to put it back into the PC so we can access it. You have a CD player on your PC, right? My records here show that your PC did have one when we shipped it out from our factory...."

Lady: " ...............................<long silence>........................

......Are you talking about that cupholder thing that came out of the front?"

Phone Tech: "Uh...you mean the tray that came out of the front side of your PC? Yes. Yes, I am....

Lady: "That broke off long ago. The first time I put my coffee cup onto it, in fact! Which reminds me of another complaint I have--that thing was WAY too flimsy!"

:-P

CS

Sailor Steve
10-04-08, 11:45 PM
An oldie but a goodie, CS!:rock:

On the other hand, I once had a tech guy tell me that all the "I thought it was a cupholder" stories are false, or at least that he had never heard of anybody ever getting a real call like that...after which he said "But you'd be surprised how many experts who know exactly what they're doing have put cups there just because the *#&@(# thing was out and they weren't thinking about it at the time!"
:rotfl:

Christopher Snow
10-05-08, 01:55 AM
LOL! Yeah. All too easy to do, I would imagine, if your "normally-multi-tasking" brain isn't running on all cylinders on a given day....

Truth be told, I've never heard a "true" cupholder story either (and I conjured that one up for purposes of filling out the thread ^), but it could really happen, I'm quite sure.

The next dumb thing I do myself...

...will only help convince me of that. :-P

Hopefully I won't cut off any fingers while using the table saw....

CS

Sailor Steve
10-05-08, 03:29 AM
I once spent five whole minutes turning my apartment upside down looking for my keys. The whole time I was twirling them around my finger on the other hand.:dead:

but it could really happen, I'm quite sure.
Oh, I believe it. "Which one's the 'any' key?"

Christopher Snow
10-05-08, 03:48 AM
I once spent five whole minutes turning my apartment upside down looking for my keys. The whole time I was twirling them around my finger on the other hand.:dead:

but it could really happen, I'm quite sure. Oh, I believe it. "Which one's the 'any' key?"

LOL! Touche (re: the "any" key.........)!!!

I cannot even BEGIN to count the times I' ve mislaced my own key-set here. I'm quite famous for it, in fact, within the family....

My IQ (relatively high) notwithstanding, they must think I 'm a complete dolt. And, in all honestly, I cannot prove them wrong, in practice.

I might only hope to prove them wrong on paper....

MIGHT, being the operative word.--so far, I probably haven't done it.

:D

CS

clayp
10-06-08, 04:15 PM
Spoke too soon!!!!......http://bestsmileys.com/computer2/2.gif