PDA

View Full Version : SH4 on WinXP plus SP3

GeoffBelding
09-26-08, 06:06 AM
Hi - before SP3, my SH4 was fairly slow to load, and the introduction movie always broke up when playing, so I have never watched it to its completion.

AFTER SP3, SH4 loads much faster, and I have watched the intro movie for the first time, without any picture break-up. The game also seems faster, but I haven't measured it.

In control panel - system - advanced - performance + settings, I always had the button 'Adjust for best performance' set and it now seems that Windows acts upon this setting for the first time.

Do you have any similar benefits in SH4 from SP3?

Cheers

Geoff

tonschk
09-26-08, 07:58 AM
I never got problem with intro movie ( I always cancel the movie ) even when was trying to play this SH4 game with a older pentium D plus a geForce 7300LE ( the framerate was between 4 and 15fps ), at the biginning of this year changed the computer with a 8800GT and got 60fps , the change from SP2 to SP3 for me was not really noticeable

There is a button to press to check your framerate , I think is control +F8 , or alt+F8 dont remember properly

SteamWake
09-26-08, 08:10 AM
Personally I noticed no difference.

Perhaps some configuration of your operating system got 'straightend out'.

Webster
09-26-08, 10:10 AM
a simple solution to speed things up is delete the intro movies, open data/ movies/ intro and delete the two files inside it but not the yellow intro folder itself.

now when you start the game it goes straight to the start screen.

SteamWake
09-26-08, 10:16 AM
a simple solution to speed things up is delete the intro movies, open data/ movies/ intro and delete the two files inside it but not the yellow intro folder itself.

I just punch the escape key... call me lazy :rotfl:

~Fly endle.....~ Loading...

Flick
09-26-08, 11:43 AM
No difference at all.

Arclight
09-27-08, 07:02 AM
Always ran fine, still does. Maybe some DirectX component got updated, or some driver that was out-dated?

peabody
09-27-08, 11:12 AM

I just punch the escape key... call me lazy :rotfl:

~Fly endle.....~ Loading...

Wow, you watch it all the way to Fly endle..... I don't even watch that much.:rotfl:. Although I did watch it once to see what it was.

Peabody

SteamWake
09-27-08, 11:16 AM
Wow, you watch it all the way to Fly endle..... I don't even watch that much.:rotfl:. Although I did watch it once to see what it was.

Peabody

Well I was watchin TV at the time :|\\