PDA

View Full Version : Any kind of Mod count that have been downloaded?

CobraDriver
09-26-08, 03:09 AM
Since I'm new to this world and maybe many are and will continue to be, it seems there are many of you pros that have all these add-ons and mods licked which are best worst etc. and we have no clue.

So, is there any kind of a list with the mods and possibly a count of how many have been downloaded? There are thousands of topics and links, but here we go. D/L them, try them, they suck, remove, they work etc.

If there were a list somewhere with the amount downloaded, I would know which is popular from those in the know and I would D/L those.

I have been looking for such a thing but nothing yet, if I find it, I'll post it myself here.

Thanx

CD

FIREWALL
09-26-08, 04:07 AM
Welcome Aboard CD :sunny:

You just about summed it up.

The modders that use Filefront has kinda a d\l counter if thats any help.

kylania
09-26-08, 07:33 AM
Or head over to the Mod forum and check out the ones that are Stickied there. Basically TMO vs RFB as your 'main mod'. RSRD Campaign over those. Then PE 4 vs EE 4.4 over that for environmental effects. :) As you said, there's tons more but the sticky threads should get you started.

SteamWake
09-26-08, 09:54 AM
I believe the release of RFB with PE4 is comming soon :p

Webster
09-26-08, 10:26 AM

well the thing is if i modify or update a mod i will have to upload it again and cause the counter to start all over at zero again so also look at the dates on when the file was added. a recent file could be wildly popular and yet not show a large download count

the two big mods are easy:

RFB - real fleet boat = goes for realism as close as it can get
TMO - trigger maru overhauled = goes for making the game a real challenge even if its not realistic

the two environmental mods are both great and each has its own take on colors and textures so i consider both to be a coin flip to decide on. both have minor "issues" to be aware of but nothing much. so try both of them before you decide.

PE4 - pacific environment 4.0
Environmental 4

FIREWALL
09-26-08, 11:13 AM

well the thing is if i modify or update a mod i will have to upload it again and cause the counter to start all over at zero again so also look at the dates on when the file was added. a recent file could be wildly popular and yet not show a large download count

the two big mods are easy:

RFB - real fleet boat = goes for realism as close as it can get
TMO - trigger maru overhauled = goes for making the game a real challenge even if its not realistic

the two environmental mods are both great and each has its own take on colors and textures so i consider both to be a coin flip to decide on. both have minor "issues" to be aware of but nothing much. so try both of them before you decide.

PE4 - pacific environment 4.0
Environmental 4

OOPS :oops:

CobraDriver
09-26-08, 03:28 PM
You guys rock thanx for all the responses and the work from the talented folks out there. :rock:

The only thing I am talented in is pissing off my wife for spending the time I do on these sims. Luckily its late night after I get home from work.....but still.:lol:

CD

Nisgeis
09-26-08, 03:44 PM
Firewall, my sig is scared of your sig, because it's so massive!

CobraDriver,

I'm not really sure what problem you've been having - is it other games you've had mod problems with? Mostly, with the SH4 mods, they do what they say on the tin. The small chronometer mod will make your stopwatch smaller, the less aircraft mod reduces the number of aircraft, large periscope view mod makes your periscope view larger etcetera. You can mix and match yourself, or as others have suggested, go for a large mod, like RFB or TMO, or FOTRS. There aren't any sucky mods, just mods that do what they say. I can't think of any bad mods... and I'm trying quite hard :D.

There is a sticky in the mods forum with an incomplete list of the mods and they do what they say mostly.

Good luck with whatever you choose and welcome aboard.

CobraDriver
09-26-08, 08:51 PM
Nisgeis no problems here, I guess I'm just a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff. You guys have gone crazy improving an already excellent game.

I guess I'll just be plugging in a few here and there and see which ones I like best. With all I have seen so far I think I will be paying that 10 bucks for the 1.5 add-on/patch, seems well worth it.

Nisgeis thanx for the info and for any and all your contributions

CD