PDA

View Full Version : How to add SH4 install path to registry?

revan1013
09-25-08, 10:19 AM
I'm having trouble getting the patch to install over my SH4 game. Can anyone provide the registry information such as installpath and so on so I can get the darn thing to work?

Much appreciated :)

Edit- Sorry I meant to add that the problem is that the 1.4 patch won't recognize the installation... driving me crazy. I didn't find any explanation on the forums that has fixed the problem, so I figured if I can just get the registry info I should be good to go. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm lost here.

FIREWALL
09-25-08, 10:45 AM
Welcome Aboard revan 1013 :sunny:

If your running Vista I can't help as I have XP.

It should be self installing by clicking icon if game is installed in default path if you have XP.

I hpoe I explained right and didn't make it more confuseing.

Just haveing my first cup of coffee this morning and can hardly see the keyboard. :dead: :rotfl:

revan1013
09-25-08, 11:27 AM
All I know is that the registry doesn't seem to have the right data, otherwise I'd be able to install the 1.4 patch. I'm not quite sure what to do besides editing or adding the correct registry data. At least that's what I've been lead to believe after reading other peoples' problems.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the warm welcome! I'm a big fan of SH3 and Grey Wolves, and vanilla SH4 looks interesting, but I can't wait to get some of the mods!

SteamWake
09-25-08, 12:28 PM
Strange, I dont even know how the game would launch with a corrupted registry.

May have to do a re-install. Make sure you read the thread "How to re-install SH4" http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290

revan1013
09-25-08, 12:48 PM
Well it's a burned copy of the original which I had lost. I got the data from the CD and everything, but the way I burned it made it so I didn't need to install, just copy the info onto the computer and it runs. It's great but apparently the patches won't install.

SteamWake
09-25-08, 12:57 PM
Well Im afraid in that case your pretty much screwed.

revan1013
09-25-08, 01:09 PM
Well not if someone can help me with the registry information. Such as the names of the keys and path information and so on. I know what needs to be done to fix it, but I don't have the information myself to plug it in.

SteamWake
09-25-08, 01:13 PM
Did you try that link I posted earlier?

revan1013
09-25-08, 01:32 PM
Yeah I read it. The problem is I can't install it. I don't have the setup.exe. I only have the game folder post-installation. I can't even install the UBoot missions addon without it recognizing that the game is actually on the computer.

SteamWake
09-25-08, 01:37 PM
Guess its time to go out and buy the game then.

peabody
09-25-08, 01:43 PM
Quote 1
All I know is that the registry doesn't seem to have the right data,
Quote 2
Well it's a burned copy of the original which I had lost. I got the data from the CD and everything, but the way I burned it made it so I didn't need to install, just copy the info onto the computer
The resistry doesn't seem to have the right data???? How could the resistry possibly have the right information, if you just copied files from a burned CD? It needs to be properly installed.

If you registered it maybe Ubisoft could help you with a proper DVD.

Peabody

revan1013
09-25-08, 02:05 PM
I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with getting another disc. Guess I'm going to have to.

kylania
09-25-08, 03:18 PM
Get the Gold Version. :) One install, fully patched, no cd keys to worry about. The way game installs should be! Just no World Map included, which is kind of crazy.