PDA

View Full Version : Which is your most used station?

CobraDriver
09-25-08, 08:33 AM
I'm starting to develop my favorite ways to spend my time on this challenging game. It seems I spend most of my time on the plotting map, attack map and Sonar.

Other than managing the crew as necesary during career mode, I'm sending info from sonar to the map and hanging out at the map adjusting speed and all nav from there. Rarely I go to periscope station, unless I see on the map the fish is true and want to see stuff blow up.

So I was wondering if all others kinda do the same thing.

CD

Quillan
09-25-08, 08:36 AM
Nav map by far. Generally I only use the attack map after I've fired, to double-check the torpedo path. I man the hydrophones sometimes, hit the bridge sometimes, use the scopes or the TBT during attack setups, but I spend most of my time on the nav map.

Diopos
09-25-08, 08:38 AM
Plotting map > Sonar >> Radar station if not in a combat situation.
And if in surface I always take a walk on the bridge from time to time to check weather and enjoy the view! (Great graphics)
At present I'm not using any cameras.

doulos05
09-25-08, 09:18 AM
Definitely the nav map. I use auto-targeting, so therefore I like to abuse the PK. That's the only reason I'm ever in the attack map, otherwise I'd never use the thing. When I'm in an attack, I pop up approximately every 1000 yards of enemy travel to verify their position and update my PK solution. But I'm usually only up for about 30 seconds when I do that.

I'll verify the bearing on my 3000 yard plotter (yay for sonar lines and the 3000 yard plotter!), switch to periscope, up periscope and swing to the correct bearing while I'm on the way up. Clear the PK just before I break the surface lock on to the target, verify I've got the right one, PK it and do a quick once around to make sure no DDs have locked onto me and then it's down scope and hop over to the attack map to verify target's headed for my intercept point. Once I see there's no drastic change, it's back to the nav map so I can keep up on the tactical situation. I prefer the nav map over the attack map because it's easier for me to keep abreast of the whole tactical situation because of the wider angle view.

I do frequent the sonar station when I'm moving to intercept a convoy. I'm in 1941, so no radar station, but I suspect in '43 when I get SJ radar I'll be there as much or more than the sonar station. I tried a game starting in '44. I could really figure out radar (just didn't click for me) so I just set it to auto and let the crewmen handle it.

SteamWake
09-25-08, 09:25 AM
Nav Map...

Urge
09-25-08, 09:44 AM
If it's not the nav map then you must be out on either a scenic cruise or gone fishing.

Urge

C DuDe
09-25-08, 10:41 AM
ditto

Nisgeis
09-25-08, 02:12 PM
Most time is spent on nav map to TC then radar station to get accurate plot data and then back to the nav map to plot it on. That's unless External Camera counts as a station? :D.

SteamWake
09-25-08, 02:29 PM
Most time is spent on nav map to TC then radar station to get accurate plot data and then back to the nav map to plot it on. That's unless External Camera counts as a station? :D.

Tsk tsk... I only use External Camera to watch stuff blow up, well also to see how well my 'solutions' worked out... and to watch the sunset, and... ohhh uhhh never mind.

Ivan Putski
09-25-08, 02:44 PM
Nav Map.

badaboom
09-25-08, 02:45 PM
:arrgh!: In very rough seas The Head.:arrgh!:

sorry I couldn't help myself!!!!

FIREWALL
09-25-08, 03:01 PM
Nav Map

kylania
09-25-08, 03:19 PM
Nav Map as well...

wetwarev7
09-25-08, 03:31 PM
I'm usually standing watch either at my post on the bridge while surfaced, standing next to the nav map while submerged, or in the tower on attack runs.

No sense in pushing a crewman aside just to take a gander at their station, I figure they know what they're doing. :up:

Task Force
09-25-08, 04:36 PM
NAV map, free view.:D

Rockin Robbins
09-25-08, 07:36 PM
Nav map, hydrophone, periscopes/bridge TBT, attack map. I'd miss less if I spent more time on the attack map.

peabody
09-25-08, 08:41 PM
That's unless External Camera counts as a station? :D.

It does in my book!! :lol: Nav map, hydrophones (I need to know where the DDs are, because I use TC too much) and of course periscope.

Peabody

Seminole
09-26-08, 08:38 AM
I spend most of my time on the plotting map,

...as do we all....

Task Force
09-26-08, 03:17 PM
I spend most of my time on the plotting map,

...as do we all....
Thats how we get accrost the Atlanic/Picific in one day.:p

Sledgehammer427
09-26-08, 08:58 PM
:rotfl:
being a bored teenager, with environmental mods....im stuck to enjoying the company of the zombified men in the control room...
because i try to enjoy my compressed version of crossing the pacific...
trim dives every morning...
crash dive practise at noon...
GQ every night...
im a hard captain!:know:

Task Force
09-26-08, 09:30 PM
Im more of a crazy Kapitan who plays with 100% realism. I often will blast the H*** out a convoy or Task Force. I can take on 20 distroyers and almost always win. Ive attacked a invasion force with over 10 distroyers and suffered no damage (Im not braging or lieing) In one carear with RFB when I decided to mess with the american side of SH4. I attacked a task force and sunk three carriers and damaged a cruiser. Fought for two hours and got out with veary minimal damage.:D