PDA

View Full Version : Yet another poor sap who needs help with photo recon.

Heinz_McDurgen
09-23-08, 11:58 PM
First off, sorry for being the 5,000th person to ask the same question. What the poo is up with the photo recon? I have looked at all the previous threads regarding this but none help me.

-I am within 2,000m of the harbor
-All of the ships are clearly spotted
-Ships are ID'ed
-I am using my attack scope.

STILL NO CAMERA BUTTON! It just wont light up for me.

Everyone seems to be able to "lock on" to a target. I assume that means to choose them out of the ship book. I have done so and still......nothing.

Woe is me.

Ariodant
09-24-08, 12:08 AM
Are you within 2km of the mission mark?

Are you locked onto the ship in the scope, as if you were to attack them?

Falkirion
09-24-08, 12:16 AM
Isnt it supposed to be the observation scope?
Anyway there should be a camera button on the bottom bar of the periscope tab.

I'm goin' down
09-24-08, 12:37 AM
I just attemted the first career mission. I sailed to within 600 meters of a japenese harbor and my camera did not light up.

Falkirion
09-24-08, 01:36 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109199

Here's a basic tutorial for Photo Recon missions. There's a wealth of knowledge in this forum if you know where to look that is.

I'm goin' down
09-24-08, 02:56 AM
I checked out the posts that you referred me to. It was not a tutorial. It did not answer the question I raised which is why the camera did not light up. Maybe the camera was not supposed to be used in the first career mission. I appreciate your tip, as I looked and did not find those posts until I read your post. This game is killing me....

Falkirion
09-24-08, 03:54 AM
I checked out the posts that you referred me to. It was not a tutorial. It did not answer the question I raised which is why the camera did not light up. Maybe the camera was not supposed to be used in the first career mission. I appreciate your tip, as I looked and did not find those posts until I read your post. This game is killing me....
Did you remember to lock the scope on target? Seems to be why most people miss the cam button lighting up. Someone eventually will come along will have the answer you're looking for, just keep an eye on the topic.

I just don't like those missions to I run RFB and RSRD which just gives me patrol and sink missions rather than insertion/photo recons.

SteamWake
09-24-08, 09:08 AM
How to complete a mission http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111509

Answers this and other mission questions.

Good luck.

banjo
09-24-08, 09:46 AM
Doesn't matter which scope you use--however, you must have sufficient daylight (as I recall) and you must 'lock' the target with your L key.

Ivan Putski
09-24-08, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, in 9 patrols, I have`nt drawn a photo-recon mission as yet. This thread will give me some clue as what to do, should I get one. Puts

I'm goin' down
09-24-08, 11:26 AM
I just put my new digital camera aboard. Opps! I forgot. 67 years ago they did not have computers or lithium batteries!

Thanks for all of the tips.

SteamWake
09-24-08, 11:42 AM
Doesn't matter which scope you use--however, you must have sufficient daylight (as I recall) and you must 'lock' the target with your L key.

Ive done them at night. Though not in a long time perhaps that was patched out.

kylesplanet
09-24-08, 02:26 PM
I run RSRD now but I used to detest those photo missions. I can understand photographing a harbor or other stationary objects but ships? :shifty: Just sink the darn things a take a pic as she is going down.

"Here ya go Lockwood, I got the pic you requested." :arrgh!:

-Pv-
09-24-08, 10:20 PM
My guess is none of the targets you've locked on qualify for the mission. Take another look at the mission description? Perhaps you got there too late or too early? Maybe you haven't explored the entire harbor?
-Pv-

Red Devil
09-25-08, 04:01 PM
I am on 1.4 Sh4 and no probs with photo recon missions, do you have the correct location? Do you need the harbour, or is it ships nearby eg: carrier group.