PDA

View Full Version : Where's the O'Club?

CobraDriver
09-21-08, 10:37 PM
Since I didn't find the lounge I guess this place is as good as any to show up in.

Newbie to the SH4 scene but I think these strategy type sims are the best. I've been lookin around and it appears this place has a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Now to just figure out the game, its gameplay and all that which goes with a learning curve. Still, it seems to be easier and more fun than Sub Command, I hated the sonar station.

CD

Arclight
09-21-08, 10:42 PM
I think you'll find plenty of information to help you along around here. And I think you'll find the game to be very satisfying. ;)

Welcome aboard. :up:

kylania
09-21-08, 10:42 PM
Welcome to SubSim and Silent Hunter IV! :) Be sure to check out the tutorial videos in the stickies here, it'll explain a lot of the features of the game especially the manual targeting stuff.

If you have specific questions feel free to ask! :)

Te Kaha
09-22-08, 12:03 AM
Welcome on board, skipper! :up:

You've found the right place for questions and help - and mods of course.

SteamWake
09-22-08, 10:13 AM
Welcome to subsim! :sunny:

Learning curve isnt all that bad really it just never seems to stop :rotfl:

Heres a good place to start "Legions noob guide" http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111445

Frame57
09-22-08, 10:51 AM
Welcome! And yes, you will find that your crew actually performs their duty as opposed to SC and DW.

ReallyDedPoet
09-22-08, 01:23 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM :yep::up:

RDP

Hitman
09-22-08, 02:19 PM
Wellcome aboard :D

I've been lookin around and it appears this place has a wealth of knowledge and experience

It's much more than that! It's teh friendliest and more enjoyable forum I have seen in the internet, people around here are great, always willing to help and encouraging and supporting modders, newcomers and fellow players. There are also many real life submariners and sailors around, adding with their own experiencies to the quality of the web.

BTW when Sailor Steve wellcomes you, you can consider yourself a full member here. He has been wellcoming personally everyone aboard since 2002 (No wonder he is way past 15000 posts :lol: ) and that's already a tradition here :up:

Kloef
09-23-08, 07:46 AM
Welcome aboard,a wonderfull place filled with joy and pleasure and people absolutely going ape on subjects which is pretty cool to read...:rotfl:

You can find loads of info here,and people posting a problem,then answering their own posts with the solution!:hmm:

Want off topic posts?This IS the place to be!:yep:

Want to see people with 8000+ posts,go no further!

I dont post alot,but i think i passed 1500+ posts i have read.

No really this is the uber site for subsims!

badaboom
09-23-08, 06:08 PM
Glad to have you on our side CobraDriver!!!!:up:

Zero Niner
09-23-08, 09:23 PM
Welcome to Subsim! :up: :yep: