PDA

View Full Version : installed patch 1.4 today, strange results.

breadcatcher101
09-21-08, 07:28 PM
Things sure are different! I still don't burn any fuel in career and although I am able to target manualy in sub school and short missions for some reason it will not allow me to do so in career. I have my settings correct, 80% and press "are you sure", all that.

What is really odd though is I have no button to obtain range with or one to send data to the PK. This all works fine in school and short missions. It is almost auto targeting. All I did was enter ship type and I am not sure I had to do even that.

Should I reinstall the game maybe? If I do so the patch won't have to be reinstalled will it?

SteamWake
09-21-08, 07:35 PM
In carrier mode you must set your 'difficulty' settings when you enter the office.

Look for a radio on the shelfs to the left of your desk. Click on that.

You may have to pan over there to see it.

Falkirion
09-21-08, 08:16 PM
What Steamwake said. This is probably one of the most common questions asked by first time simmers. Myself included.

breadcatcher101
09-21-08, 08:30 PM
I see. That I didn't do, just did the settings at the beginning. I thank you both for your help, would have never thought of that one.

SteamWake
09-21-08, 08:49 PM
I see. That I didn't do, just did the settings at the beginning. I thank you both for your help, would have never thought of that one.

Yea its pretty obscure... I think just about everyone has asked this question at some point.

Seminole
09-22-08, 07:03 AM

Join the club matie....a lot of didn't at first...:yep:

Arclight
09-24-08, 05:50 AM
Now if only Ubi had some way of telling their customers about this feature... like a manual or something. :hmm:

Oh wait, they do! And still they fail to put in even something that basic. :-?

"Quick, whe still need to put together a manual!"
"Don't worry, that's what copy-paste is for."

Stupid manual, even talks about a noise meter and weapons officer assistance. Haven't heard about those since my days in the Kriegsmarine. :nope:

Quillan
09-24-08, 06:23 AM
Manual? You call this abortion a manual? It's not even useful for toilet paper!

Every time you start a career, when you select the difficulty, it overwrites your chosen realism settings. So the first thing you should do when you get to the office is reset them where you want them.

SteamWake
09-24-08, 08:12 AM
Meh... who needs a manual, thats what subsim is for :rotfl:

Feel sorry for those poor sots who dont know about subsim and go to the 'offical' forums or worse yet just give up and toss the game aside.

Sailor Steve
09-24-08, 11:52 AM
That's funny. Back in 2002 I discovered Subsim while looking for a fix for all the problems in SH2. It wasn't until 2004 that I saw a link to the UBI forums that someone posted here, while we were awaiting the release of SH3.