PDA

View Full Version : Any Vista 64 users having any problems with Trigger Maru?

Flamingboat
09-17-08, 11:45 AM
I get occasional CTDs and it only started after I put TMU in place. Anyone else having issues?

Defiance
09-17-08, 01:20 PM
Not here

But what pc specs are you running (vidcard/drivers etc) maybe easier to help

Tip for x64, Shove any games into a folder on the (C:) or whatever your HD letter is

I just use the obvious vista x64 tweaks and also black vipers settings too

And off top of my head google for "autoruns" and install it ans uncheck stuff not required in its Logon tab

Also to speed vista booting a bit type msconfig in start box and enter etc, In the advanced options under the Boot tab set your amount of cores eg: 2 or 4

Lots of tweaks for speeding x64 up can link some if needed i think i'm allowed but generally google will throw up loads so just goto decent known sites for info

Flamingboat
09-17-08, 02:06 PM
8800GT video card 512 MB. 2 gigs ram. 650i LT SLI motherboard. E7200 dual core CPU. 2.53 I can crank Flight Sim X and all my games with no problems.

nikimcbee
09-17-08, 03:20 PM
I've had no issues.

Seminole
09-17-08, 03:52 PM
I get occasional CTDs and it only started after I put TMU in place. Anyone else having issues?

meant TMO... right?..if not I apologise and need to head over to the mod forum and update my database...

I ran the TMO mod for about two weeks with version 1.4 ....and don't recall any problems with it.

The only mod related conflicts I ever encountered resulted in the game not loading at all....never CTDs.

I read thread after thread about radio mods being notorious for causing CDTs if they have not been scanned with another mod that was desined to weed out these conflicts...I don't know myself because I've never used a radio mod. Just thought I would toss that out for consideration.

Good luck.

Flamingboat
09-17-08, 03:55 PM
Maybe it's just a Vista issue since no one else has issues. I have only had Vista 64 for two days. Hmmm...

Defiance
09-17-08, 08:20 PM
As said, I have had no issues (there was one but it was due to lack-luster nvidia drivers got my old 8800gts 640)

Been solely running vista ultimate x64 for ages here with no problems (found a fix for old nvidia card but now have a ati 4870 and latest 8.9 drivers rock in sh4)

Gotta get sleep badly here, But have a squint over for a post i did about nvidia driver fix on the silent hunter 4 wolves of the pacific forum (top forum)

Get a driver that i uploaded (should still be up in cyberspace i think)

That may cure your ctd (just saw you have a GT card)

pps: slap another 2gig of ram in ya rig if you can, You won't regret it ;)

Hylander_1314
09-17-08, 11:48 PM
Running Vista Home Premium w/ SP1 on an EVGA 780i mobo, 2 EvGA GeForce 8800 GTS 512s in SLI, and haven't been having any CTDs after I installed patch 1.4. I run TMO 1.5.2 without any issues.

What version of SH4 do have? 1.4, or 1.5? It can have some possible bearing on it.