PDA

View Full Version : Deck gun

Archive1
09-13-08, 11:29 PM
Cannot figure out how to use the deck gun. Am used to SH3 and GWX where one can use the command line to Man the Deck gun and select the target area (hull, waterline...etc) but here Man the Gun seems to result in nothing and even with Fire at Will nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

kylania
09-14-08, 12:06 AM
Find the target you want them to shoot at with your binocs and press SPACE BAR to mark it as a target and they should start shooting.

-Pv-
09-14-08, 12:09 AM
You can also tell the crew what part of the ship to target by clicking on the deck gun icon. It all works quite well actually. I've sunk a great many ships with it.
-Pv-

peabody
09-14-08, 12:44 AM
Cannot figure out how to use the deck gun. Am used to SH3 and GWX where one can use the command line to Man the Deck gun and select the target area (hull, waterline...etc) but here Man the Gun seems to result in nothing and even with Fire at Will nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
If Kylania's suggestion doesn't work, try battlestations, or they could be out of range (according to what is set for that gun) But another suggestion that I found when I first started. Sometimes when you select the 'Man the Deckgun' button, it flashes for a few seconds then the 'fire at will' will flash for a few seconds, so if you select 'fire at will' during that time you are actually cancelling the 'fire at will' and telling them to 'hold fire'. Since the game just hasn't gotten to the 'fire at will' button yet, you clicking it is actually a second click.
I don't know if I explained that very well, but if you click 'fire at will' while the 'man the deckgun' is flashing, you may be cancelling the 'fire at will'.

Another thing you could check your crew management screen to see if anyone is actually assigned to the position.

Edit: another thing that comes to mind, make sure they can actually aim at the target. I like to have a bow deckgun and sometimes forget when I have a stern and with the fire restrictions they can't aim at the target. Most likely not the problem, but it happens.

Peabody

SteamWake
09-14-08, 09:49 AM
Note that clicking 'man the deck gun' for whatever reasons doesent actually er... man the deck gun.

IF your like me and dont fill every single crew slot you will have to manually move some crew members from other stations into the slots. :roll: