PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem sound

clayp
09-08-08, 11:29 AM
Help!! I'm having a strange sound problem..The computer loses all sound..When I look at sounds etc in the control panel.MUTE ALL is checked,I uncheck it and click out of the control panel then click back in and its checked again!! What the heck is going on????

Core 2 Duo X6800 Extreame @3.37
EVGA nForce 680i MB
OCZ 2Gig 15-5-5-5 memory kit DDR2 OCZ2N1066SR2GK 2 x 2 gig kits
(4 gigs total)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra BFGE88768UE
Western Digital 160gig sata II 16mb
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer SB0730VP
Cooler master CM Stacker 830 Silver
OCZ Gamer extreme PS 1010wat OCZ1010GXSSLI
Samsung Optical (DVD/CDRW)
Windows XP Pro 32bit SP2
SamSung SyncMaster 24" LCD@1920X1220
Couger Hotas
Cambridge4.1 speakers

SteamWake
09-08-08, 11:38 AM
Im guessing that you have some sort of external device, headphones, keyboard, etc. that is overiding your settings.

I once had a set of headphones with an inline mike mute button and volume control. The volum control got stuck at 'lower volume'. Everytime I set the volume at the desktop it would start sliding back down to zero. Damn near pulled my hair out trying to figure out why untill I un-plugged the headphones... and ta da ! :doh:

clayp
09-08-08, 04:14 PM
Im guessing that you have some sort of external device, headphones, keyboard, etc. that is overiding your settings.

I once had a set of headphones with an inline mike mute button and volume control. The volum control got stuck at 'lower volume'. Everytime I set the volume at the desktop it would start sliding back down to zero. Damn near pulled my hair out trying to figure out why untill I un-plugged the headphones... and ta da ! :doh:

Thanks bud,I do have USB headphones but they have never given any problems I will check it out......:up:

clayp
09-08-08, 04:28 PM
It is the %^&*(()(*& mute key on the &&^$%##%& keyboard!!!!!:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

SteamWake
09-08-08, 05:11 PM
Well hope you can disable it short of getting a new keyboard.

peabody
09-08-08, 07:43 PM
It is the %^&*(()(*& mute key on the &&^$%##%& keyboard!!!!!:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What did you say Clay??? Couldn't hear you, must of had your mute key on.:lol: Hey, buddy is it broken or was it just turned on by mistake?

Peabody

Nicolas
09-08-08, 07:54 PM
Speaking of sound problems, if i load a patrol i get a lot of crew messages, of things that happened before, and if set time compression high and then to 1, i get crew messages like "Ship spotted!" and was early when the crew spotted the ship, and sometimes the crew repeats Yes sir Yes sir Yes sir Yes sir, like im deaf or something, there is a fix?:damn:

SteamWake
09-08-08, 07:58 PM
Speaking of sound problems, if i load a patrol i get a lot of crew messages, of things that happened before, and if set time compression high and then to 1, i get crew messages like "Ship spotted!" and was early when the crew spotted the ship, and sometimes the crew repeats Yes sir Yes sir Yes sir Yes sir, like im deaf or something, there is a fix?:damn:

Yea there is some of those bugs too. My favorite is "Passing thermal layer" over and over when Im surfaced :rotfl:

Just hit TC up a bit for a while and they get over it.

GunnersMate
09-08-08, 08:17 PM
I love it when I load and they shout "We have damage!" and I freak thinking I saved during a d/c. :88) :doh:

clayp
09-08-08, 08:48 PM

What did you say Clay??? Couldn't hear you, must of had your mute key on.:lol: Hey, buddy is it broken or was it just turned on by mistake?

Peabody

Hey bud!!!!! I guess its shorted or something I have to keep pushing it to make the sound work..:lol: Cant get a new one for awhile....:cry: Have to live with it...

GunnersMate
09-08-08, 09:05 PM
Have you tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers? And DX? And chipset drivers? And LAN drivers? And Windows? And .... Ahhh nevermind I sound like an overseas tech support moron. :oops:

Nicolas
09-08-08, 09:17 PM
Hey try this tool: MapKeyboard
You can disable keys, in windows got disabled it should work in game too.
Or, remove the key :smug:

peabody
09-08-08, 09:54 PM

Peabody

Hey bud!!!!! I guess its shorted or something I have to keep pushing it to make the sound work..:lol: Cant get a new one for awhile....:cry: Have to live with it... Look on the bottom, may be a Brand, model number, Maybe we can get a way to disable it like Nicolas said. I know some of the keyboard mapping programs don't work on the "special" keys. I am not familiar with the one he mentioned but it may work if it will disable that key so it doesn't do anything.
If you have had it a while it could be stuck too.
Is it USB?

Peabody

clayp
09-08-08, 10:39 PM

Peabody

Hey bud!!!!! I guess its shorted or something I have to keep pushing it to make the sound work..:lol: Cant get a new one for awhile....:cry: Have to live with it... Look on the bottom, may be a Brand, model number, Maybe we can get a way to disable it like Nicolas said. I know some of the keyboard mapping programs don't work on the "special" keys. I am not familiar with the one he mentioned but it may work if it will disable that key so it doesn't do anything.
If you have had it a while it could be stuck too.
Is it USB?

Peabody

Naw it was on my wifes computer..I had a $10 keyboard and it went completly wacko last week so I took hers and putanother cheapo on hers..I didnt see a link to the program he talked about...There is no name or anything on the bottom of this keyboard..And its not USB....I'll just have to remember to push the button.....Thank you....:sunny:

SteamWake
09-09-08, 08:11 AM
Hey Clay !

Push the button !! :rotfl:

clayp
09-09-08, 03:17 PM
:p :p Hey Clay !

Push the button !! :rotfl:

GEE thanks a lot Steam!!!! I dont know what I would do without you....:p :p

SteamWake
09-09-08, 03:54 PM
GEE thanks a lot Steam!!!! I dont know what I would do without you....:p :p