PDA

View Full Version : This is priceless!!!

nikimcbee
09-06-08, 07:32 PM
Gas to my parent's house: $35
New laptop with hd graphics card: $700

Playing SH4 on a 37 inch HD tv with 6 surround sound speakers...priceless! WOW, what a beautiful game!:rock: I can't believe how great this game looks on HD! On a funny side note, I put a really sensitive thermonitor next to the air vent on the side of my laptop. It really runs hot when I'm playing SH4; a mere 124 degress:o .

I finally worked out all of my teething problems with vista 64. One mod was screwing it up, but it runs great now.:up: :rock:

Task Force
09-06-08, 09:35 PM
Im glad everythings running good for you nikimcbee.;)

Sailor Steve
09-06-08, 11:46 PM
Now all you have left to do is figure out how to play the game!
:rotfl: :p

Seminole
09-07-08, 09:39 AM
:shifty: ....I'm still puzzling and reeling over how you could possibly have had a problem with Vista64.

I have Mr. Gates personal assurance that Vista64 will suffer no problems even running faulty mods..;)

But we are all quite delighted that you have attained HD SHIV nirvana at last...

badaboom
09-07-08, 10:29 AM
Hello Nikimcbee.Wow what a cool[not your airvent temp]way of playing from a laptop to a Lrge HD TV,as a fellow SH4 laptop user I'm curious of what your specs are?My biggest prob is graphics card overheating,but I love the mobility of playing anywhere in my house,watching a ballgame in living rm or in my favorite chair reading "Iron Coffins":up:

P.S. Very nice tribute to your best friend Nikimcbee,as a fellow dog lover let me offer my sympathy for your loss.

clayp
09-07-08, 11:02 AM
:shifty: ....I'm still puzzling and reeling over how you could possibly have had a problem with Vista64.

I have Mr. Gates personal assurance that Vista64 will suffer no problems even running faulty mods..;)

But we are all quite delighted that you have attained HD SHIV nirvana at last...

Vista user>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/18.gif

Falkirion
09-07-08, 06:55 PM
I see your 37 inch and raise you another 13 inches. I've got a 50 inch plasma at home, still havent managed to get my 3870HD working with it though. Didnt have enough time or patience to trouble shoot on the weekend. I was looking forward to playing COD4, SH4 and some others on it. Mainly SH4 though

SteamWake
09-08-08, 09:32 AM
I see your 37 inch and raise you another 13 inches., still havent managed to get my 3870HD working with it though.

Its not the size of the monitor but how you use it :rotfl:

nikimcbee
09-08-08, 12:46 PM
Hello Nikimcbee.Wow what a cool[not your airvent temp]way of playing from a laptop to a Lrge HD TV,as a fellow SH4 laptop user I'm curious of what your specs are?My biggest prob is graphics card overheating,but I love the mobility of playing anywhere in my house,watching a ballgame in living rm or in my favorite chair reading "Iron Coffins":up:

P.S. Very nice tribute to your best friend Nikimcbee,as a fellow dog lover let me offer my sympathy for your loss.

Thanks, I still miss him a lot.:cry:

My laptop is a gatway, with Vista 64:shifty: , Intel centrino dual core (2mhz?), 4 gig RAM (for vista to work!, ATI 2600 HD mobility.
It runs better on this computer, than my desktop. (I guess i'll quit making fun of intel:roll: ) The laptop cost:$750:up:

nikimcbee
09-08-08, 12:48 PM

Vista user>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/18.gif

Yes, I've discovered this :roll: . It's called sh3 on vista64

GunnersMate
09-08-08, 08:26 PM
I see your 37 inch and raise you another 13 inches., still havent managed to get my 3870HD working with it though.

Its not the size of the monitor but how you use it :rotfl:

"I see your monitor is as big as mine ... Now lets see how well you handle it"