View Full Version : weird bugs

theold1
05-25-08, 12:24 PM
I'm playing SH4 1.5 with these mods:
* RFB (latest)
* RSRDC (latest)
* EE 4.5
* Sound pack from PE 3.3

I've just run into an odd problem and I'm not sure whether it is due to mods or a core game issue.

1. I know how the sonar set is supposed to work; you can use the keyboard to move the handle back and forth, which rotates the bearing displayed in the dial above. This was working fine for me. I saved the game overnight, came back in the morning and reloaded, and now the handle moves but the bearing displayed does not move. Nothing changed but a save/reload - no damage to the sub or anything like that. The game still acts like it does work though; I can still hear other ships when I sweep past them, I just can't see the angle on the display. Also, if I ping a ship using the range indicator, it again acts like it works - I can hear the ping and the return ping, but the dial does not move or display the range like it usually does.

2. I have only one kind of torpedo loaded on the boat: MK14s. It's a Balao class sub with 6 fore tubes. Tubes 3,4,5 and 6 work exactly right. Tubes 1 and 2, for some reason I cannot change the torpedo speed off 'slow';. The switch just doesn't work, even though I can move to any of the other tubes and it works fine. The other switch (exploder on contact vs contact/influence) works fine for all 6 fore tubes. MK14's loaded all 'round.

Has anyone seen either of those things, or have any idea about what might be causing it?

theold1
05-25-08, 03:29 PM
Ok, it looks like #1 was just my mistake. There actually was a different kind of torpedo in tubes 1/2 and I just failed to notice that. So I'm down to just the sonar thing as unexplained. I started the patrol again from scratch and the sonar set is working as expected.