PDA

View Full Version : The SH4 newbie...

WutWuzDat
05-24-08, 10:23 AM
Hey everyone! I'm a blast from the past, eh?

Well, I'm starting my summer break,:know: and I'm delving into the SH4 world. I skipped SH3, so it's a world of difference from SH2/PA.

I'm running 1.4, clean BTW ;)

First of all... These Photo recon missions... I got one that has me really PO. :damn: I've heard that there is a mod that removes them. I've looked at the download section, but I didn't see anything of that sort. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What other mods are recommended? I know there is a list someplace, but I'm lazy...

tomoose
05-24-08, 12:58 PM
Start in the SH4 MODS WORKSHOP forum. They're all there.
I'm not sure of any mods that actually remove photo missions. TMO makes them a tad more realistic (ie. you're NOT sent into Tokyo Bay at the beginning of the war). You are sent to take pics of possible landing sites etc.

Play a little longer with 1.4 until you're familiar with everything then I'd recommend TMO and RSRD as two keys mods for gameplay. Pacific Environments mod improves the eye-candy aspect. There are various mods out there and it's basically your choice as to what you want.
:up:

Sailor Steve
05-24-08, 04:14 PM
Hey, Adamwarren, welcome home!:sunny:

Skipped SH3, eh? You missed a lot of good stuff, gorgeous harbors, and hot nurses. I don't have much SH4 experience myself, so I can't help.

I do, however, have a question for you: how can I get a copy of that cool Red-X/Cat sig you used to use? I loved that.

SteveW1
05-25-08, 12:03 AM
Hey Gday WatWuzDat I'm playing with TMO1.5B and RSRDC and finding the game very enjoyable had no photo missions so far.

Good to see you finally playing SH4.

McBeck
05-26-08, 09:09 AM
Is that really AdamWarren :arrgh!:

Sailor Steve
05-26-08, 12:00 PM
Yes it is. I remember when he changed his name to WutWuzDat.

McBeck
05-27-08, 12:27 AM
WOW...long time no see :ping:

WutWuzDat
05-27-08, 10:07 AM
@ tomoose, Thanks for the input. I'll have to give those 2 mods a look over. My very first campaign mission was a recon of Hiroshima bay. sheesh!

@SS... Well the cows eventually come home. I may give SH3 a go later, if not just for the hot nurses. I've had way to much of the Atlantic lately, lol. I did buy the U-boat add-on for SH4 tho.

Oh yeah, my kitty image. I got it off some website years ago (Really, it was years). I may have it on a CD 'round here someplace.

@SW1. Yeah, it was about time.

@ McBeck, Yeah, it me... Never know when I might show up! I've been active over at atlantik.