PDA

View Full Version : sh4 + 5 addon crashes

buddha95
05-21-08, 05:42 PM
I played for 2 days ok. When in port and moving crew on roster , it CTD. I repeted it 3 times with 3 CTDs.

win xp
ver2002
ser pack2
HP Pavilion
inter r core tm
2 cpu 6400hrz @ 2.13ghz , 2.13 ghz
2.00 gb ram

game plays ok but for CTD while moving crew

do i need to install any patches ( i just got the game and downloaded the 1.5 uboat addon from maker.

thanks for your patience with a noob and comp illiterate old grandpa ( comodore 64 was never this tough_

John W. Hamm
05-22-08, 02:13 AM
So you moved one of your crew around and it had a CTD or you moved them around and then started the mission and it CTD? , actually better yet just describe the circumstance step by step, and do you have any other mods installed besides Vanilla SH4 1.5 (U-boat mod)

kriller2
05-22-08, 02:34 AM
Have you installed any service packs lately? Because my PC suddenly crashed alot after installing Service pack 3 for Win XP, but yesterday I downloaded the latest ATI Catalyst 8.5 for Win XP SP3 and now everything runs fine :D (I allmost trew my graphics card out of the window, because of the anoying CTD's... :roll: )

buddha95
05-22-08, 09:32 PM
no mods, only 1.5 game
only crashes in the hire/move crew screen, i may be doing anything with the crew and it CTD

John W. Hamm
05-23-08, 08:36 AM
no mods, only 1.5 game
only crashes in the hire/move crew screen, i may be doing anything with the crew and it CTD

Hmm that is weird, and would also be the first i have heard of that however, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened before. in all honesty if I had an issue like that, I would re-install and try again. Actually I would more thank likely consider some other options first but since they would be to long and lengthy to type out here a re-install would be the quickest fix IMO, then if it is still an issue, come back here and I'll certainly take the time.