PDA

View Full Version : max officers/ncos

buddha95
05-21-08, 05:21 PM
I read how you hire more officers and ncos but I get the message "too many" when trying to hire just 1 ???? Do I need a certain mod or must I change a file or what??

thanks in advance

Q3ark
05-21-08, 07:53 PM
Don't get what you mean. You must have too many officers or CPO's. Try recruiting some seaman instead.

You don't want more chiefs than indians, bad for morale :D

buddha95
05-21-08, 09:51 PM
i just got what u start the game with. i have seen screen pics of whole crerws of officers. i cant hire any ncos or officers more that the starting # ???
whats with that ??

buddha95
05-21-08, 10:44 PM
also,, i fired several officers and i still cant hire any ( too many officers) comes on screen, even if i leave, end patrol and start 2ed patrol, still "too many officers", and i had lost most of em???

John W. Hamm
05-21-08, 11:55 PM
also,, i fired several officers and i still cant hire any ( too many officers) comes on screen, even if i leave, end patrol and start 2ed patrol, still "too many officers", and i had lost most of em???

There is a max setting of officers set in each sub file and, in that same file is where each crewmember is set up for the start of the game, (pre-programed) and in each ship (or at least some of them) the default crew has more officers then the actual max number of officers allowed, so even if you get rid of one you still will not be able to add another.

the files that control this is at \Data\Submarine\ then choose one of the sub files you want to change, then open its UPC file, the information you are looking for is between in the Crew evolutions section at the top of the file.

here is an example (from the S-class) of the lines you are looking in blue and the numbers you need to change I marked in yellow.

;------------------------------------------------------------
; Crew Evolutions
;------------------------------------------------------------
;Evolution= Normal
;Evolution= Battle_Stations
[UserPlayerUnit 1]
ID=S18
NameDisplayable=S-18 Class Submarine
UnitName= USS S-18 (SS-123)
Type=SClass
UpgradeClass=0
UnitInterval= 1920-10-29, 1944-01-01
ExternalClassName=SSS18
Nationality=American
CrewRanks=12
Evolution= Normal
Damage= 0
TextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_s18/NSS_S18_Body_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_s18/NSS_S18_Body_O01.tga
NormalmapTextureName= NULL
MenuSilhouetteTextureName= S_Class_01b.tga
MaxPettyOfficers=31 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=12 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7

I hope this helps.

ancient46
05-22-08, 01:03 AM
I did some research on crew complements and posted it in this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136794 From the records of the Archerfish translated to the game there were 15 officers and chief petty officers, 47 petty officers and 18 seamen and firemen. This can be edited into the game to provide a more historic ratio.

John W. Hamm
05-22-08, 02:05 AM
I did some research on crew complements and posted it in this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136794 From the records of the Archerfish translated to the game there were 15 officers and chief petty officers, 47 petty officers and 18 seamen and firemen. This can be edited into the game to provide a more historic ratio.

Actually LukeFF did alot of hard research along those same lines, for all the Sub classes represented, and incorporated this into RFB 1.5

buddha95
05-22-08, 08:18 PM
how do you open the "dds " file??

i got 7 zip, but it wont extract the file and windows says it dont know how to open the file????
what do i use and where do i get it ???