PDA

View Full Version : hiring crew ???

buddha95
05-20-08, 06:07 PM
I'm new, thanks for being here. I read 18 pages of topics ( about 300 +/-) yesterday, ( 9 hours), and played sub-school 2 days. Now I start the war. I read where you hire more crew to fill DC, but not how/where??? I left Pearl and returned immediately and refit, but no crerw offered. Just where and how do you "hire" new men. I am using version 5 ( new) from box, no mods. Please answer cause I am standing by.

thanks in advance

Deimos01
05-20-08, 06:47 PM
Welcome aboard.
When you are in your office before going on a mission click on the sub on your desk. That will take you to the area where you can transfer or hire new crew, upgrade your sub or change your torpedo load out. There are a series of tabs once you are there that you can click to do different things. Check em out. Most of the interfaces are drag and drop. You can also promote crew and award medals here if it has been earned. :up:

I believe this only becomes available once you start a carreer.

Also, by looking to the left in your office you will see an old radio on a shelf. That is the options menu which you need to set up in carreer mode as the main options menu settings do not transfer over.

howler93
05-21-08, 12:28 PM
Welcome aboard, Buddha95! Welcome to subsim! Good luck with your first war patrol!

Good hunting,
Howler :arrgh!: