PDA

View Full Version : orders on visual contact

firepower41
05-18-08, 11:42 PM
So I was on my first patrol and I spotted a warship, and then I unthinkingly checked the "dive to periscope depth" command after checking the "always do this" box.

Can I reverse this decision? How?

steinbeck
05-19-08, 12:34 PM
So I was on my first patrol and I spotted a warship, and then I unthinkingly checked the "dive to periscope depth" command after checking the "always do this" box.

Can I reverse this decision? How?
.................................................. .................................................. .............
Next time there's any kind of sighting, the same screen will come up with the same options. You choose every time!! just choose 'maintain orders'

steinbeck...:)

firepower41
05-20-08, 01:21 PM

Can I reverse this decision? How? .................................................. .................................................. .............
Next time there's any kind of sighting, the same screen will come up with the same options. You choose every time!! just choose 'maintain orders'

steinbeck...:)

This isn't exactly true, but my issue's been resolved. Apparently this setting resets itself every time on a restart.

FIREWALL
05-20-08, 01:39 PM
Is there anyway to prevent that box from popping up at all.

For SH4 and SH3 GWX2.1 also.

tomoose
05-21-08, 07:47 AM
Firewall;
that's a good point. I think one way to do it (which I keep forgetting) is to check the "always do this" box then select "maintain current orders". Then that box (at least during the time you're playing) will not pop-up again. Once you save, exit the game then come back later and re-load to continue, will that box pop-up again? If it does then we're back to square one and your point about 'permanently' stopping that box makes perfect sense.:hmm: I'm guessing one of the modding gurus here will indicate a config or dat file which can be adjusted to stop that popup.

Seminole
07-12-08, 02:35 PM
one way to do it (which I keep forgetting) is to check the "always do this" box

Did anyone ever figure a way to keep this box popping up at every sighting?

I select the "always do this " option but it keeps coming back...unlike SHIII where once selected it remained in memory for that full career.

'Course this box may a mixed blessing...the sighting clues in SHIV are so darned suttle a Captain might get creamed before he is fully aware the lookouts have spotted something nasty ....:shifty: ...that huge popup is hard kinda hard to miss.

looney
07-15-08, 11:28 AM
Yea in SH3 you could check where the threat came from. Just died cause I was looking at around 90° and got killed by the DD from 270