PDA

View Full Version : length of patrol?

claybirdd
05-18-08, 04:21 PM
I have a quick question toallthe seasoned skippers out there. How long in real life do you usually spend on patroll?

I have noticed that since i bought SH4 my patrolls are taking days to go by, usually because i rarely TC over 512 or1024 speed. and I find my set ups to be much more promissing. However I do play with auto targeting(tried manuall many times and with success but simply not my bag of tea).

So back to my question. How many days RL do you spend on Patrol?

Schroeder
05-18-08, 04:40 PM
I usually use TC up to 2048. A patrol takes about 4-6 hours.:arrgh!:

TheBlobThing
05-19-08, 02:32 AM
I usually play until my next encounter, so I only get about 1-2 hours of gameplay under my belt. That way, my patrols last about a week.

Der Kolkrabe
05-19-08, 03:31 AM
My "sim" time is weekly short, so I use TC max to 2048...
My patrols in RL is about 3-4 days.

Transfer myself at Atlantic to Pacific... patrols now SE in Bungo Strait :D

AJ!
05-20-08, 04:21 AM
I would have to say about an hour or two. Il get to my objective, finish that, then draw an elaborate path back to base taking a long route through shipping lanes to see if i can get lucky.

I always use time compression. Sometimes as high as it will go. I would love to do an authentic patrol with no TC..... but you know how it is :up:

aanker
05-20-08, 11:17 AM
You didn't have the option "for weeks". I departed Pearl about 2 weeks ago and haven't wrapped up this patrol yet. Yes, I do TC across the Pacific and while on station etc.

As much as I enjoy SH4 there are only so many RW hours to devote to it. Hopeing to RTB in the next couple days.... lol

Happy Hunting!

Art

UnderseaLcpl
05-20-08, 12:36 PM
I find my patrols at the beginning of the war last around 1 day IRL ( that is eight hours of free time more or less) but around 43 they get shorter and shorter until finally I just sail to San Diego or something and come back under max tc just to get the war overwith. I figurre if I sink over a million tons of ships with 100 realism I've done my part ( although I still need RFB; postponed getting it to get 1.5 instead)