PDA

View Full Version : I think a Kongo was abducted by space aliens!

Syxx_Killer
05-14-08, 06:46 PM
Either that or she just vanished in the PE3 induced fog... :o:lol:

I was heading for a patrol off Honshu and came across a fishing boat. I decided to attack. Just before daybreak, I get a contact report of a task force heading SE right at me. Being in a prime position, I decide to attack. As it nears I can see the silhouettes of a Fuso and Kongo BB in the light fog. Pretty cool to see. Anyway, as it nears, being the idiot I am, I get to close to a large tanker and it spots my scope. It takes a pot shot at it just as I am launching six torpedoes. Not wanting to stick around I order a course opposite of the convoy's. As I am turning I decide to launch my four stern torpedoes at the Kongo. Two hit it at the very rear of the ship aft of the props. They don't do much to the ship (didn't even slow it down or cause it to list) so I sigh and slink away. I was curious to see how the Kongo was doing so I use the external cam to see. It is no where to be seen! I know it couldn't have sunk, not from that damage. Also, I never got a ship sunk symbol or credit in the log book. Once the DDs above were through and left the party, I ordered a depth of 40 feet to let my radar have a look just in case it stopped and I could hear it. There were no stationary ships anywhere. I am completely puzzled and use the external cam again. She has just up and vanished! Has this ever happened before? In the mean time, I sank the Fuso for 34,500 tons. :arrgh!: