PDA

View Full Version : Air Search Radar

Krauter
05-12-08, 06:12 PM
hey all, how come my air search radar doesnt pick anything up?, i know thers no switch to turn it on but id like to learn how to get it running.. im kind of getting tired of hearing

"Aircraft Spott-KABOOM"
"hull destroyed sir..."

Thanks
Krauter

Quillan
05-12-08, 06:43 PM
It should be running automatically, as long as you have it on the boat. What year in the campaign and what model boat are you sailing?

tomoose
05-13-08, 11:25 AM
Air search radar works automatically and picks up any aircraft within range. If you are running TC too high then of course you're going to get zapped as the time between the warning and the attack itself becomes insignificant. TC will NOT automatically stop just because radar has picked up an aircraft.

banjo
05-13-08, 01:48 PM
In an earlier post a guy said if you manually turn off/on your surface radar certain key strokes seem to disable the air radar. I know I have had my air radar go inop for no expainable reason. The only thing I know to do is exit to Main Menu and re-enter the game. That should fix your radar.

Quillan
05-13-08, 03:35 PM
Also, what version patch are you running? I recall that in 1.0-1.2 (and maybe 1.3 as well, I skipped it so not sure) there was a bug with the radar. Well, there were a couple of bugs with the radar, but the one I am referring to here is that unless your bow was pointed north of the east-west line, the radar didn't pick up anything. If you were heading north, it'd pick up fine, but as soon as you turned it would stop working.

Krauter
05-14-08, 06:57 PM
Currently running v1.2?? (having re install problems..) And yes, iv been running with high TC.. mayb.. ill try the TC problem first.. thanks

banjo
05-15-08, 08:37 AM
I use TC all the time--up to 6000--w/no problems. Update to patch 1.4 as soon as you can. A whole raft of things were fixed after 1.2.

Krauter
05-15-08, 08:21 PM
theres only one problem.. i cant upgrade.. for some reason whenever i dowload any patch over 1.2, it says iv downloaded and installed, but i have none of the features.. as i said in a different post, i had to re install sh4 a while ago and i havent had the same features, after numerous tries to get it write i just gave up, i dont know what i did wrong or how im not installing it right

(i did the control panel, delete programs etc)

Any comments or suggestions on how i can reinstall properly?

Thanks
Krauter

Quillan
05-15-08, 08:24 PM
There's a sticky up top on how to do a clean reinstall of SH4. Sounds like the registry entries for patch 1.3-1.4 never got removed, so it thinks they're still there.

Krauter
05-17-08, 06:50 PM
Aye ok ill check into it