PDA

View Full Version : Crashes lately?

gonzlor
05-12-08, 07:57 AM
Good evening :).

I got Sh4 1.5 not too long ago, I've noticed it quite often causes my nVidia 8800 GTS 320mb PCI-E graphics card to crash, The nVidia drivers will reset the video card and the game goes back to playing for a second, then crashes again and this loops forever until I reboot.

I'm using the latest drivers for the video card from the nVidia site, this didn't happen to me before I got u-boat missions.

Any ideas on how to squash this one?

Hydra
05-12-08, 11:34 AM
I had the exact same experience after installing 1.5. I have the same graphics card and I would crash everytime an explosion occurred. I've tried different driver files but no luck. The game runs fine in v1.4 Others have experienced the same problems with 1.5. I sure wish I knew what they changed in 1.5 to cause this problem. I also discovered that I can't run 1.5 in vista aero. When I started 1.5, the screen would default to vista basic. Like you, I'll be anxious to see if anyone has solved this problem.

Quillan
05-12-08, 01:54 PM
What driver and OS version are you running? I had no problems using the 6800 Ultra with the 169.21 drivers under Windows XP, and I grabbed the expansion pack in early March. A week ago I built a new computer with an 8800GT in it, but have only been able to play for about 10 minutes so I don't know if it will work correctly.