PDA

View Full Version : Manual Targeting Comment

Segwin
05-11-08, 06:53 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum however if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Topic is this: You're in command of a sub, is it really your job to go through all the details of targeting or is that what part of your crew is there for?

Don't get me wrong, I like the nuts and bolts as much as the next person however the skipper wasn't expected to grease the bearing too.

tia

joegrundman
05-11-08, 07:09 PM
If you are submerged, there is only you, or perhaps one other person who ought not be more skilled than you, looking through the periscope.

There was a tracking party in US subs, but their jobs was to process information and program the TDC with the data regarding range, bearing and aob that you provide.

This is more or less simulated by you using the 3 tools and pressing the ON button on the PK.

Quillan
05-11-08, 10:02 PM
This is part of the reason why I've come to love Ducimus' changes in Trigger Maru. Map contacts are left on, but there are no ship silhouettes, just dots. You look through the scope and call out range and bearing, or get it via radar/sonar, and it appears on the map without you having to take the map tools and draw it out. I can live with inputting the range, AOB, and speed from the scope dials.