PDA

View Full Version : Help Hiding Hud - Missing Bindings

Tin Can Alley
04-30-08, 07:41 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and SH4 (lots of good info here), my problem is I installed Fraps and binded the fraps movie key to . (numpad del) and I now seem unable to hide the user display.

Iv'e tried using keyboard configurator and also setkeys but they don't seem to work. The only Reference I'm able to find (that sounds similar) in command.cfg is Hide_AdversarialMode_Dials!

Game is patched to 1.4 & POE 3, etc.

Thanks..

Quillan
04-30-08, 08:34 AM
Have you tried changing your FRAPS binding to some other key? It might be that FRAPS is overriding the game hotkey.

Tin Can Alley
04-30-08, 09:18 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Yeah, That was one of the first things I tried before posting.

All other keys seems to be functioning correctly, just not . (numpad del). Is there a way to maybe rebind this key without using an Hex editor?

Quillan
04-30-08, 10:38 AM
Should be able to change it in the controls.cfg file, I would think.

Tin Can Alley
04-30-08, 11:39 AM
The only file that seems to hold keyboard configurations is command.cfg. I could easily rule out the bindings if someone would be kind enough to upload command.cfg (v1.4 27kb) somewhere for me to copy and paste into SH/dir.:up:

Tin Can Alley
04-30-08, 04:51 PM
***Update***

After some snooping around in the config files it seems the COMMAND LINE for NUMPAD DEL (Hide/Show interface) is missing altogether, so I cannot bind a key even if I wanted to!

Can anyone shed any light on why I'm missing this from command.cfg?

ancient46
04-30-08, 10:18 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=117517

This application will allow you to change key bindings and use enable options not bound in the stock game. I found it because my enter keys are linked on my keyboard and I got frustrated firing off torpedoes instead of compressing time. I bound torpedo firing to the F key. It works for version 1.5.

Tin Can Alley
05-01-08, 05:18 AM
I've tried both CONFIGURATOR & KEYSETS - I assume they both work fine.

The problem lies within the command.cfg file itself. There IS NO command line for hide/show user interface i.e -

EXAMPLE:

[Cmd5]
Name=Time_compr_increase
Ctxt=1,2,6,9
MnID=0x3F010001
Key0=0x6B,,"Npad +"

to even bind a key too!

If someone could post the command line for hide/show interface I should be able to slot it into the command.cfg file.

Thanks.