PDA

View Full Version : M1 Tank Platoon 2

Krasny
04-27-08, 04:42 PM
I just found my old copy of M1TP2 and installed it.

It runs fine.

Only one problem: I can't quit the program. There is no exit button and hitting ESC or CTRL + Q does not work.

Any ideas guys?

Skybird
04-27-08, 06:37 PM
Ctrl-Alt-Del, and then closing it in task manager.

Krasny
04-28-08, 05:57 AM
Tried that - doesn't work.

Neither does ALT-Tabbing.

Does anybody else have this problem?

bishop
04-28-08, 06:15 AM
Alt-F4 always worked for me.

HunterICX
04-28-08, 06:16 AM
ALT+F4 perhaps?

doesnt SHIFT-Q bring you back to the menu?

HunterICX

Amiral Crapaud
05-12-08, 06:32 AM
Yep Alt-F4 works for me too :)

"New" (well Gforce 2 onwards :lol:) graphic cards make M1TP2 menu's exit button disappear.

R32_Rocky
06-16-08, 07:45 PM
I sooooo miss this game! And I sort of quit trying to play it once the text disapeared. Will reinstall it and see if the ALT + F4 helps, because there was no use trying to play a campaign if you could not properly exit.

Wonder if anyone ever attempted to "FIX" the font problem so the text would show up? Perhaps it is just a setting in the INI file? Or a registry entry perhaps?

And what a SAD SHAME that Hascrap killed this game and Gunship! They both had awesome potential :(

Skybird
06-17-08, 04:27 AM
Get over it, m1tp2 is antique and deeploy buried under the sand of time, and hopelessly outdated anyway. Play Steal Beasts Gold (smile price) or the follow-up Steel Beasts Pro PE, it will make you not missing M1tp2 anymore.

Texans Fanatic
01-23-12, 01:19 PM
I sooooo miss this game! And I sort of quit trying to play it once the text disapeared. Will reinstall it and see if the ALT + F4 helps, because there was no use trying to play a campaign if you could not properly exit.

Wonder if anyone ever attempted to "FIX" the font problem so the text would show up? Perhaps it is just a setting in the INI file? Or a registry entry perhaps?

And what a SAD SHAME that Hascrap killed this game and Gunship! They both had awesome potential :(

Yes it was a shame. I am a tank sim collector, and have Steel Beasts Pro PE. SB Pro is a great sim and is indeed light years ahead of M1 Tank Platoon 2. That said, its also waaaay more complex than M1TP2, and one battle could take hours. Sometimes I like things more simple, and that's when I fire up M1TP2 :woot:. Forget about trying to run it on Windows XP, Vista, or 7. What I did was built a windows 98 retro machine out of old parts I had lying around. AMD 1400 Ghz, 528 MB PC 133 RAM, OLD NVIDIA Geforce graphics card. I'm using Direct X 9. You don't need much power (by today's standards) to run this sim.

scrapser
12-02-12, 12:04 PM
I just finished building a Win98SE box (Gateway P4 1.8 gHz with 512 RAM) for my treasured MicroProse sims and other games that you simply cannot fully enjoy via emulators and ports. I have the same issue with not being able to close except by using Alt+F4. When I do, I get an error box stating the game has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down. Otherwise, everything works fine.

I have a Diamond Monster 3D II voodoo card so I can use Glide, too! I'm also going to install EAW and a bunch of other DOS and old windows games. Jane's LongBow 2 should look particularly good on this computer.