PDA

View Full Version : SD radar has stopped working.

fireship4
04-25-08, 07:41 PM
Seems my SD radar has stopped working - planes are on top of me before i know it. Was working fine last few patrols until i installed a Surface Search radar and now it seems the SD is not working even though as far as i can tell from the equipment screen it is still there. Im using RFB and RSRD and I think im in Feb 1942.

jazman
04-26-08, 12:21 AM
Seems my SD radar has stopped working - planes are on top of me before i know it.

I've had that happen, only with Trigger Maru. I figured they were low-altitude planes, and that it was time to do some daytime submergence.

fireship4
04-26-08, 09:59 AM
Anyone else? It's quite foggy - i know fog affected radar somewhat bu still it should detect it before a visual...

banjo
04-26-08, 11:07 AM
I have had that happen twice--no idea why, but exiting to Main Menu and re-entering career solved it.

fireship4
04-26-08, 01:23 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

-Pv-
04-26-08, 07:15 PM
You can lose radar function by playing with the sweep icons. In certain unpredictable click combos they get "stuck." Saving and restoring with the radar in "normal" mode (hand enabled, continious sweep enabled) seems to get it back working in the stock game. You should be able to turn the surface radar (hand) and continuous sweep on and off safely, but I have a lot of trouble toggling the other mode combos.
-Pv-