PDA

View Full Version : Man, Now What's Going On?

banjo
04-18-08, 06:30 PM
As I stated in a previous post I was experiencing very long load times (4-5 mins) for in game saves. In an attempt to fix that (cause it didn't used to happen) I uninstalled SH4 and reinstalled--no mods yet. Now, even tho I have the same graphics set up as before, and even tho I'm getting FPS of 45 - 65 everything moves with a slight jerk. Everything does, outside view, map view, periscope views, everything.
Anyone else experienced this? Before I uninstalled/reinstalled the game ran absolutley smoothly. Sigh.

Thanks

Syxx_Killer
04-18-08, 07:38 PM
Are you running with V-Sync enabled? I was experiencing jerkiness as well until I enabled V-Sync.

banjo
04-18-08, 08:41 PM
I believe I tried it both ways, but will try it again. Tks.

banjo
04-19-08, 02:34 PM
I think I've tried everything--turned all graphic options off, vert sync on/off, messed with my memory mgr. Nothing affects it--still jerks. I saw in another post some guy was having trouble because of the latest windows auto update. I wonder if that could be it. Unfortunately, the last system restore point I have is last July. lol So I can't restore. I think I'm screwed, but I have no idea why.

banjo
04-19-08, 05:04 PM
I may have figured it out. It has been so long since I first installed SH4 that I forgot what my graphics settings were. The game installs at medium settings.
Turns out that is too high for my old rig. Once I set the graphics at low settings things smoothed out. :oops: There is still a small jerk (no not me) that I don't remember, but at least the game is playable again.

Rockin Robbins
04-19-08, 07:33 PM
Excellent!