PDA

View Full Version : MK 16

navy_ae
04-16-08, 02:14 PM
ok so im not running high realism or anything but i just finished a war patrol in the post iwo jima timeframe and i got this brand spanking new green torpedoe the mk 16 i look at the stats for this 46 kts and 1,200 M range im like finally someone in BuOrd can add the speed of a 23 and the range of a 14 if not better .... and lookey at the price its a steal comapred to the mk 27 at only 40 renown then go to buy it and its ten times that is this right or a glitch and how to fix also is there any mods for this weapon and how to install them or mod the price down etc ?

M. Sarsfield
04-16-08, 02:19 PM
Just tell those grunts not to mishandle it. Will send your boat to the bottom quickly. :arrgh!:

According to this website...
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/1592/ustorp3.htm

"..the Mk.16, though not used in combat during WW II, was a standard submarine weapon until 1975."

I don't use them in game. Nice cold war weapon, though.

V.C. Sniper
04-16-08, 11:25 PM
Torpex FTW!!!

navy_ae
04-18-08, 02:09 PM
that isnt the issue at hand the issue is displayed cost in points vs actual is there a fix out there for it

Capn_Sinky
04-18-08, 02:19 PM
OOOOOOOhhhh. Now heres a mod. lets take the homing warhead from the Mk27 match it with the speed and distance of the Mk16 and then give it the late war magnetic explorder and warhead of the Mk14.

*Skylight opens and a table with an long cylinder shapped object is raised into the mailstrom above. Lightining cracks the air with a deafining thunder and the smell of ozone pentrates the nostrils. The evil laughter of a submariner gone mad cackels through the stormy night*

"It's aaaaliiive, it's aaaaliiiive!!!!!"

And thus the MK48 ADCAP is born.

navy_ae
04-18-08, 02:40 PM
ok i like the idea of that mod ... would make any boat with all fish like that basically invinciable oh well dreams dreams but still the issue at hand
going to buy these weapons in game says they only cost 40 renown points
but now buy them and they take 400 renown points how to fix that ?????

V.C. Sniper
04-18-08, 05:49 PM
OOOOOOOhhhh. Now heres a mod. lets take the homing warhead from the Mk27 match it with the speed and distance of the Mk16 and then give it the late war magnetic explorder and warhead of the Mk14.Warhead of a MK.16 and late war magnetic exploder of a MK.14.

navy_ae
04-19-08, 09:11 PM
ok again back to the original question is the disparity in the renown a glitch of gameplay or display or for the less realism the more these weapons cost etc

in port pre okinawa invasion i cant remember the date ... got shiny new mk 16s i see they only cost 40 renown i figure great ill load the boat with em the speed of a 23 with more range than a 14 this outta be a **** hot weapon so i fill my tubes and find out instead of 40 its 400 renown still cheaper than a mk 27 but still theres a little wrongness in the truth in advertising here

navy_ae
04-20-08, 09:52 PM
hmm ok so no info got it what about a tutorial on how to use s3d to mod the torpedoes to my own liking