PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated time question.....

BilboSmeggins
04-11-08, 01:55 PM
Hi all

Just wondered if there was a single key-press to return to un-accelerated time. Sometimes I crank the time right up, then I invariably get a message come through. By the time I've clicked the time back down in incremental stages, I've missed the boat (excuse the awful pun! :o ).

Cheers in advance, Andy

Khourieat
04-11-08, 02:13 PM
Backspace :D

It puts you at 0 time, or paused, from there you can read the message and see where it goes, or just quickly tap + to go back to 1/normal speed.

BilboSmeggins
04-11-08, 02:17 PM
Brilliant. Cheers matey. Gonna fire it up now and have a quick blast before my girlfriend turns up to scupper my fun :x

Quillan
04-11-08, 02:40 PM
It's easy to edit the commands.cfg file if you want. My first change to SH4 was to remove the hotkey link between the ENTER key and the "fire torpedo" command (lots of wasted fish that way), and instead I have ENTER drop to 1x time compression. If I need to pause, I hit backspace; if I just need to drop to standard time, I hit enter.

maerean_m
04-13-08, 12:31 AM
Press BACKSPACE twice. First press brings the game to a Pause and the second when takes you 1x time compression.

BilboSmeggins
04-13-08, 05:24 AM
Thanks everyone for their input. I'm systematically working through things. Who knows, I may be begging you for some "manual torpedo" advise soon :p

All the best, Andy

peabody
04-13-08, 10:15 AM
Brilliant. Cheers matey. Gonna fire it up now and have a quick blast before my girlfriend turns up to scupper my fun :x

Sure hope your girlfriend doesn't read this forum:rotfl:.

Peabody

BilboSmeggins
04-14-08, 04:40 PM
Haha

No fear. This forum's my dirty secret. Bit like my Hilary Clinton fetish :smug: