PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions

Dignan
04-09-08, 09:26 PM
I have a few questions about different aspects of SH4. Here goes.

1. When in the periscope position do you hear the sound of the torpedo tube opening? I thought I remember hearing that before but now I notice I don't hear it. Or do you only hear it if you have the event camera on or are outside the sub in the external cam?

2. Is there a certain depth after which you no longer hear the depth charges splashing on the surface? Again, I remember hearing this before but don't hear it now. Then again I've changed my evasion strategy and dive much deeper than I used to. Maybe there's a certain depth you must be at to hear them.

3. Do Japanese fishing vessels give away your position as a plane would? Just curious as I've noticed some of the fishing vessels and Sampons have what look like antenaes on top of their masts.

DavyJonesFootlocker
04-10-08, 07:04 AM
I can answer questions 1 and 3.

1. Install ROW Sounds V.9 Mod- You'll hear the tube doors opening.

3. Yes, in enemy sectors fighing boats and sampans can give away your positions if within range of enemy planes.

aanker
04-10-08, 03:04 PM
I don't know what version you're running but I think the answer to #2 is in the particles.dsd file - in data\library\. Some mods have fixed this no depth charge splash or warning. Look for one of the major mods that has this file, replace it with the modded one, and I bet you hear the splashes. (always backup your originals if you do something like this)

Happy Hunting!

Art

Dignan
04-10-08, 04:57 PM
Thanks to both of you.

-Pv-
04-10-08, 06:58 PM
I have never heard the splashes in the stock un-modded game. However, if you observe the interior crew, they will duck down when a DC attack has commenced.
-Pv-