PDA

View Full Version : anything new?

VonHammer
04-08-08, 11:10 AM
I have been busy the last couple of months and am now starting o get back to playing SH4, and was wondering whats new, i see that the expansion pack is out.

DeepIron
04-08-08, 11:14 AM
Sorry, but my personal assistant has the day off or I'd have her whip up a summary for you VH... :lol: Read the threads Luke!

VonHammer
04-08-08, 11:25 AM
well i guess ill have to then

Soundman
04-08-08, 12:38 PM
I'm not that interested in the addon (1.5) as far as the German boats go. If so, I'll just play SH III. However, I do LOVE the TMO mod along with PE2 and RSRDC. I did upgrade to 1.5 . The only reason I did was because Ducimus (Creator of TMO) is no longer working on 1.4 anymore, so I patched to 1.5 just so I can keep using his most current work. I highly endorse the above mods!

DavyJonesFootlocker
04-08-08, 01:25 PM
I concur with Soundman. I use TMO, RSRDC, PE2 and the game looks great with PE2.:up:

VonHammer
04-09-08, 07:54 AM
what is PE2?

Quillan
04-09-08, 08:57 AM
Pacific Environments 2. LeoVampire (RIP) came out with a mod a while back he called Living Breathing Ocean. It was a graphic enhancement to the look of the water. It grew into Reflections On the Water, which was an overall graphic improvement to the game which was absolutely stunning. Leo passed away a couple of months ago, but Kriller2 has been continuing his work, and it's now expanded into Pacific Environments 2. Go over to the Mods Workshop forum and find the threads on it; the screenshots are almost unbelievable.

DavyJonesFootlocker
04-09-08, 09:51 AM
Yes, and you won't be disappointed either. IMHO PE2 is one of the top environmental mods. I still use LBO as it negates the flying sub syndrome.:up:

DeepIron
04-09-08, 09:58 AM
If you install PE2, be sure to read the installation .rtf file. There are a couple of options and choosing the one that best suits your system is important. If you just drag PE2 into JSGME and install it, it will be wrong. You need to choose which PE2 options you want... it's very simple, just read the docs...

BTW, W Clears Environmental Mod 4.1 is out and it rocks as well...

VonHammer
04-09-08, 11:10 AM
so then do put the options i choose into another folder then install that via JSGME?

DavyJonesFootlocker
04-09-08, 11:14 AM
I did install the options via the enabler but it didn't show up. So I manually installed them. If you have problems just copy and paste to the appropriate folders in SH4.

DeepIron
04-09-08, 11:24 AM
so then do put the options i choose into another folder then install that via JSGME?Not exactly... Here's what to do:
Open the PE2 download and you find a sub-folder called "Pacific Environments 2".
Open it and you'll see a "Install_PE2" folder -> Drag the Install_PE2 folder into JSGME
You'll also see "Options Installation folder".
Open it and drag what ever other folder(s) you want into JSGME.
Install as usual using JSGME.

I dragged the "Install_PE2" folder first and then "Install less floater" folder into my JSGME and installed in that order. Works great! :up: