PDA

View Full Version : A more realistic campaign

DavyJonesFootlocker
04-07-08, 12:38 PM
I find the historical aspect in SH4 wanting. I sat in Manila on the 20th December, 1941 at 12 noon waiting for the Japanese air attack which almost obliterated Cavite Naval Dockyard and what do I see? A squadron of noisy seagulls dive bombing my boat with poop! The Devs didn't do their history lessons very well.:know: They get a Z- on their report cards.:yep:

DeepIron
04-07-08, 12:48 PM
I find the historical aspect in SH4 wanting. I sat in Manila on the 20th December, 1941 at 12 noon waiting for the Japanese air attack which almost obliterated Cavite Naval Dockyard and what do I see? A squadron of noisy seagulls dive bombing my boat with poop! The Devs didn't do their history lessons very well.:know: They get a Z- on their report cards.:yep:Yeah, the bone stock historical aspects leave a lot to be desired. So DJF, I guess you never installed or played the RFB, RSRD or TM mods?

DavyJonesFootlocker
04-07-08, 01:01 PM
I use TMO with RSRDC and still using version 1.4 of SH4. Still no difference in historical content at Cavite. I recalled having to rescue downed airmen near Guadacanal area all the way from Brisbane. Come on those flyboys would've been shark fodder by the time I reach them. Apart fom historical accuracy some common sense would make it plausible.:nope:

DeepIron
04-07-08, 01:20 PM
Still no difference in historical content at Cavite.Hmm, I'll have a go at Cavite with the beta RFB for v1.5 and see what happens...

Saturnalia
04-08-08, 09:26 AM
You should see the Japanese bombers going after Darwin. I had a solid block of contacts on my radar, 8 or so wide and ridiculously long. Pity they did not come down to play.

Wilcke
04-08-08, 09:34 AM
Not that I would not want it to be 100% realistic; but I think that aside from the hard work that Lurker puts into RSRDC; this is it!

I may be wrong; but I believe someone mentioned a limitation on how ships spawn and generate for these historical events. Something about a "window" and that if you "player sub" is present "waiting" for the show, then there is no show...nada...zip...zilch.

So with that in mind, and with my limited understanding of the guts of SH4 I will crawl back underneath my rock and skulk.

JoeCorrado
04-08-08, 10:46 AM
Not that I would not want it to be 100% realistic; but I think that aside from the hard work that Lurker puts into RSRDC; this is it!

I may be wrong; but I believe someone mentioned a limitation on how ships spawn and generate for these historical events. Something about a "window" and that if you "player sub" is present "waiting" for the show, then there is no show...nada...zip...zilch.

So with that in mind, and with my limited understanding of the guts of SH4 I will crawl back underneath my rock and skulk.

Units won't spawn within 20 miles of your location. - Probably need to lay off outside that range and wait for the party to happen, if it happens.