PDA

View Full Version : You ever just want to break something?

Syxx_Killer
04-06-08, 10:37 PM
I'm still fuming about what I did. I had put off manual targeting for a while and am now coming back to it. I want to get better at it. I know the basics, just need to practice. Anyway, I was doing my first patrol out of Fremantle in 1942 with USS Grayling. I was enroute to my patrol zone and was going west-northwest through the Java Sea. I get a report of a task force and am in a prime position to intercept. It was about midnite and the seas very rough. The TF is going east while I am pointing south. I spot a Yamato of all things and line up my shot. Through the rough waves screwing up my vision and getting the boat into position, I mange to get my six forward torpedoes to hit spot on (well four, two were duds). I quickly lower the scope and dive deep. Thing is, there is no "deep" in the Java Sea. I smack into the bottom and completely destroy my sub. I forgot to check the damn depth. I am starting to play DiD, but I refuse to let that one go since it is my stupid mistake and I'm just mad anyway. I reload and try to set up the shot again, but I just can't do it. All my torpedoes miss. This time I'm really mad and just reload ignoring the task force. Manual targeting can be a bitch. :oops::damn:

Nisgeis
04-07-08, 03:31 AM
I did something even worse than that. I'd been using gimp for quite a while, using the ALT and CTRL keys regularly and when I started to play SH4, I pressed ALT+F4 to go to periscope view during an approach.