PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else? On the surface and still running out of Oxygen?

Able72
04-06-08, 06:20 PM
anyone else ever expierence this bug? You go to the surface, your diesals kick in, compressed air renews, but it won't renew your oxygen and your watch crew won't take their posts?

I must admit it was a bad storm, but your gonna die cause of a bad storm?

Whisperer
04-06-08, 06:42 PM
never had it hapen to me, but if i'm not mistaking it's a bug that comes with the upgrade to 1.5....

MonTana_Prussian
04-06-08, 06:50 PM
Never had that happen.

Rockin Robbins
04-06-08, 06:51 PM
Happens when you don't know how to use the search function.:cool:

Able72
04-06-08, 06:54 PM
problem with the search funtion is the number of 3 letter words used. Mod, air, co2, and bug are all words that the search function won't look for.

Zantham
04-06-08, 09:02 PM
It's a known bug that affects UBoats and Fleetboats and patch v15, for me it happens when I pause and Alt-Tab out of the game for an extended period of time.

Some say you can just click the CO2 notification which surfaces you and it fixes it, that doesn't work for me and others tho. I usually crash dive, save the same submerged, exit to the main menu, and reload that save, and when I surface the CO2 goes away like it should.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133307

earlier thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132471

Laconic
04-06-08, 09:24 PM
Happens when you don't know how to use the search function.:cool:
About a week ago I was looking for some technical help with a really old game. After many broken links I finally came across a single thread in a long-dead forum where someone was asking the same question that I had. The only reply was a surly notice to use the search button, which didn't help me any because the rest of the forum had been lost to the ether of the internet. True story.

My point is, at some point in the far-distant future, someone may be trying to play an ancient copy of SH4 on their Apple iBrain Cerebro-computer and have this very question. What if (heavens forbid) this forum is long-dead, and this single thread is the only place that future-gamer can find any information about his problem? He won't be helped at all by being told to "use the search button."

The only reason I say this is that I have been to many, many different gaming forums over the past ten years or so and this community is by far the best I've encountered. You guys are first-rate people who are always glad to help others and make no judgments on anyone based on their lack of experience with the game, their machines, or this forum. This is the first even lightly disparaging remark I've seen, so I thought I'd shine a little perspective in here.

Moral of the story: Be nice to future-gamers.

-Pv-
04-06-08, 11:10 PM
"Being Nice" (as you define it- not suggesting search) has to be balanced out against 400 people asking the same question every week and the answer takes 500 words to explain properly. The "stickies" help, but they are overly long, filled with non-helpful comentary and only cover about half the common problems. This particular problem is reltively new since the recent patch so I'm not surprised the resources are thin on this one.
-Pv-

scrapser
04-07-08, 08:07 PM
It's a feature, didn't you know?

Ducimus
04-07-08, 08:43 PM
Never had that happen.
What he said!

Scottb8411
04-08-08, 01:46 AM
never had it hapen to me, but if i'm not mistaking it's a bug that comes with the upgrade to 1.5....

Never had that happen.

It never happened to me, either... until today!

A few minutes after surfacing I got the 10% CO2 warning; while on the surface :damn:

I saved the game, re-loaded and all was well onboard the Grouper once again...

scrapser
04-08-08, 08:29 AM
I had it happen yesterday. I saved submerged and when I restarted, it was gone.