PDA

View Full Version : Allied ports

piersyf
04-04-08, 02:19 AM
Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find an answer. The only taste of a solution I found leads to a dead link, so I'll ask again...
Refuelling in Darwin. There may not have been a sub base there, but there was a naval station. If they tend destroyers they will have repair facilities, they will have food and water, they will have diesel, and they will have 21inch torpedoes.
I don't care about the repair facilities, or the torps, but has anyone found a way to edit the .cfg files to allow refuelling at Darwin? Or Townsville, for that matter, halfway down towards Brisbane on the east coast. Doesn't need to be a full tender, just a method for refuelling. I've already lost on career to this, and I DID make it to Darwin.

peabody
04-04-08, 11:35 AM
Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find an answer. The only taste of a solution I found leads to a dead link, so I'll ask again...
Refuelling in Darwin. There may not have been a sub base there, but there was a naval station. If they tend destroyers they will have repair facilities, they will have food and water, they will have diesel, and they will have 21inch torpedoes.
I don't care about the repair facilities, or the torps, but has anyone found a way to edit the .cfg files to allow refuelling at Darwin? Or Townsville, for that matter, halfway down towards Brisbane on the east coast. Doesn't need to be a full tender, just a method for refuelling. I've already lost on career to this, and I DID make it to Darwin.
My understanding from other posts is they did not do repairs but refueling was part of the "Refit". I could be wrong on this, unfortunately right now I'm using unlimited fuel since it is my first sub sim and I have so much else to learn, manual targeting (not going well), sonar, radar, hydrophones, man I can't even find the head !! But all kidding aside I read that they did refuel you. I assume the info I read was wrong?

Edit: My mistake it is only the ports that show anchors and I don't think Darwin ever does. As for editing a .cfg file, I would have not idea.

Peabody

rrmelend
04-04-08, 02:16 PM
I've only sailed out of Pearl and Midway so far in my careers but I'm using 1.5, TMO, and RSRD and I am fairly positive that Darwin has a blue anchor over it. Like I mentioned though, I've only sailed out of Pearl so I've had no reason to stop by Darwin and see what options are available.

nfitzsimmons
04-04-08, 02:30 PM
Don't know about stock SH4 but I've refueled in Darwin in RSRD.

M. Sarsfield
04-04-08, 02:47 PM
Pretty early in the war Darwin becomes a refit port. I use it when I'm sent way up north from Freemantle.

kylesplanet
04-04-08, 04:19 PM
I always top off at Darwin when coming out of Freemantle.

piersyf
04-04-08, 05:30 PM
OK, so some of you are. I'm running stock SH4 ver 1.4. My system is just coping with this, so, not willing to up the load with lots more eye candy type mods. I'm assuming those of you who are refuelling in Darwin are running a mod? Which one? Maybe just that aspect can be run...

P

nfitzsimmons
04-04-08, 05:36 PM
OK, so some of you are. I'm running stock SH4 ver 1.4. My system is just coping with this, so, not willing to up the load with lots more eye candy type mods. I'm assuming those of you who are refuelling in Darwin are running a mod? Which one? Maybe just that aspect can be run...

P

I'm running TMO and RSRD.

kylesplanet
04-04-08, 10:10 PM
I run RFB, and RSRD plus PE2.

Able72
04-04-08, 10:16 PM
I have two installs. One is 1.4 and it runs PE2 (eye candy mod), RFB, NSM, and RSRD.

The other is 1.5 running TMO, RSRD, and PE2.

I'm thinkin you might want to try RSRD and/or TMO to see if Darwin becomes a refit port.

peabody
04-04-08, 10:18 PM
Pretty early in the war Darwin becomes a refit port. I use it when I'm sent way up north from Freemantle.

Ok, I stand corrected! I usually transfer to Bribane, I have been to Freemantle but when I was there the refit station was at the top, western corner or Australia, not a harbor just a tender, I never noticed an anchor at Darwin but I wasn't really looking for one either, because I didn't go that way. So now i'll know if I end up in that area to look for it, in case I need it. Thanks for the info.

Peabody

M. Sarsfield
04-04-08, 10:23 PM
I'm using v1.5 and RSRDC, but the mod may be what's placing an anchor in Darwin for most of us. I never played 1.5 without RSRDC installed. So, I can't answer that for sure.