PDA

View Full Version : Plane overkill

Herr_Pete
04-01-08, 12:40 PM
This game has a serious over kill of planes or is this accurate ??

I cant go anywhere without constant radar signla detected followed by a damn plane!

Is this a problem that has to be fixed in the future??

Cheers

Captainrave
04-01-08, 12:49 PM
Yup the planes drive me INSANE....soooooo many!

Rockin Robbins
04-01-08, 02:05 PM
Read some US cruise reports and you can see subs that yo-yoed diving half a dozen to a dozen times a day to avoid planes. The only ones that didn't encounter planes that often were the ones that stuck their heads in the sand all day and surfaced at night. Those captains were replaced.

Now you're a German. Not only are American planes common but they mostly all have radar, which the Japanese did not. You do the math.

A couple of things will help. Don't fight airplanes. Dive and avoid. If they see you they call in a report and more of their friends arrive to check you out. If you are not spotted again within a certain length of time planes will stop coming toward you.

I had a real tough time adjusting at first, but now unless they get very lucky, I'm fine with the airplanes. Sure miss the radar on Kraken!

Ducimus
04-01-08, 04:03 PM
I can only imagine what would happen if i acutally paid attention to this threater. My "evil planes" on the attack...... Oh the hunanity! :rotfl:

Zantham
04-01-08, 04:22 PM
I can only imagine what would happen if i acutally paid attention to this threater. My "evil planes" on the attack...... Oh the hunanity! :rotfl:

We can only wish...:up:

But boy that would make some April Fools joke wouldn't it? Trigger Maru for UBoats :D

Ducimus
04-01-08, 04:54 PM
If i had the time and energy i would. But i just dont. Its all i can do to keep focused on what i have, which is increasingly becoming too much to keep track of. I think its ironic how i was the first person in this community to mod anything for the Indian Ocean (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=87374) back in 2005. (Jebus that was awhile ago). How now theres an offical mod for it, and i just don't have the motivation to touch it. A few years ago, id have been all over this with gusto.

Rockin Robbins
04-01-08, 07:05 PM
would send an appropriate message, don't you think?:up::up::up::up::up::up::up: