PDA

View Full Version : Missing U-Boat war patrols and single missions

exponent8246
03-27-08, 01:13 PM
Hi all.

I have recently installed U-boat add-on along with the relevant Trigger Overhaul, Service pack 1a + 2, RSRDC and Environment 4. All mods are the correct versions for the Add-On pack.

My problem is - I dont seem to be getting any German War Patrol or Single Missions when I select them. I am, on the other hand, getting the American Missions and Patrols?

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks.

Raptor1
03-27-08, 01:21 PM
They don't exist, It's up to mission makers to make them...

exponent8246
03-27-08, 02:11 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dont I feel like the fool at the moment!! HAHAHA

Thanks buddy!

maerean_m
03-27-08, 03:34 PM
You shouldn't.

There was no time to create some quality missions. So no missions is better that some bad ones.

edjcox
03-28-08, 12:09 AM
This is a bad example of UBI's infamous rush to market with the SH series products. Always incomplete and lacking in any good QC. No effort made to apologize explain but they do occasionally fix things with a patch...

We can only hope...:shifty:

exponent8246
03-28-08, 02:44 PM
Thats exactly why i'm thankful to all the dedicated modders out there that work in their own time to make the SH series the simulators that they should've been from the start!! Wish I knew how to mod (or even where to start):o so I could make some sort of contribution!!

Keep it up fellas!!

Hitman
03-28-08, 03:54 PM
If people dedicated only half the time they employ in moaning to create missions, we would have a good set of them already :roll:

exponent8246
03-30-08, 05:44 AM
Very True Hitman.:ping:

Navarre
03-30-08, 06:22 AM
Thats exactly why i'm thankful to all the dedicated modders out there that work in their own time to make the SH series the simulators that they should've been from the start!!
A modders task should be to create new content and not iron out the negligence in project management ...unfortunately, this is already common practice with Ubi's SH series.

kiborg
03-30-08, 08:57 AM
I have done two single missions in russian language. English do not know, ups.

Downloading:
http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showpost.php?p=1091941&postcount=1
http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showpost.php?p=1094127&postcount=4

BadPirate
03-30-08, 10:17 AM

Downloading:
You can use this, russian brother!
http://www.google.com/translate_t
:rock:

Herr_Pete
03-30-08, 10:42 AM

Downloading:

i would really like to try these out:up: are you going to be translating them into english?

Cheers

kiborg
03-30-08, 10:50 AM
i would really like to try these out:up: are you going to be translating them into english?Cheers
My english very bad, much. But I try that nor be to do, try to translate tomorrow to evening.

Herr_Pete
04-13-08, 12:47 PM
brilliant! noob question! where do extract the files to?
:oops: :oops:

THE_MASK
04-13-08, 10:57 PM
This is a bad example of UBI's infamous rush to market with the SH series products. Always incomplete and lacking in any good QC. No effort made to apologize explain but they do occasionally fix things with a patch...

We can only hope...:shifty: I would say its more of a case of lets concentrate on adding the great content the modders cannot in the timeframe we have and let the modders add things they can when thay get the addon . Even i can work that out and i am drunk:-?

peabody
04-16-08, 09:48 PM
If people dedicated only half the time they employ in moaning to create missions, we would have a good set of them already :roll:

They moan when they don't have them, but when they have them they don't want them. Just go look at the SH4 mission Designers forum, it's a ghost town. I have only had SH4 (my first sub sim) for 3 months and I really enjoy writing missions, but no one even d/ls them. I had two try my first one and two tried my second, so I don't know what they are moaning for.
I enjoy the challange of figuring out how to do things in the editor that came with no manual. I have learned a lot. I thought it would be a good way to give back to those who helped me so much with answers when I first got the game.
Many others have written missions much better than mine, but they are hard to find, the list is not up to date.
Enough of that anyway, I was not trying to hijack the thread, just commenting on your comment.

Peabody

The_Pharoah
04-19-08, 05:42 PM
hey Peabody, if you write SP missions for 1.5 and, esp, if it involves the driveable Fubuki destroyer (eg. recreating a surface battle), I"ll download ANYTHING you upload!

Pharoah

peabody
04-19-08, 08:36 PM
hey Peabody, if you write SP missions for 1.5 and, esp, if it involves the driveable Fubuki destroyer (eg. recreating a surface battle), I"ll download ANYTHING you upload!

Pharoah
Well, if you look right here on this page, you will see a simple question that I posted in two different forums "Mission compatability". Not only do I not get an answer, they don't even read it, and the infamous "One star punk" visited. I don't know who I PO'ed but if you look every thread on the page has hundreds of reads and I get 28 and the other forum it was 22, so I guess either people have a problem with something I said or did or they just don't want missions.

I was even working on Updating the mission manual for SH4, got some stuff that only applies to SH4. I've been testing new ideas on how to get around some of the things the mission editor lacks. Looks to me like a waste of time. But, I do enjoy doing mission, haven't had much time lately been doing testing and working on the manual.

I don't have 1.5 yet so, and I can't get an answer to a simple question, so if I buy it and write any missions, I will PM you.

Peabody

The_Pharoah
04-20-08, 02:54 AM
thanks mate.

I very rarely troll these forums but have been doing so since I got the 1.5 addon. I've always been after a good current surface naval battle sim and I've now found it in SHIV.

I know that someone has already created a SP mission in 1.5 but noone else. I tried the mission editor but I suck at it so I gave up. :(

peabody
04-20-08, 09:01 AM
thanks mate.

I very rarely troll these forums but have been doing so since I got the 1.5 addon. I've always been after a good current surface naval battle sim and I've now found it in SHIV.

I know that someone has already created a SP mission in 1.5 but noone else. I tried the mission editor but I suck at it so I gave up. :(

Well, maybe you can answer the question, did you get a new mission editor with 1.5? And will missions from 1.4 work in 1.5, obviously there are no uboats in 1.4 but would the other ones work? I saw the destroyer but is it finished yet? The mission editor is not hard to use it is just so limited in what you can do!! You probably don't 'suck at it' you are just trying to do something it won't do. You probably had an idea and just don't realize you can't do that with the editor...it is so limited it's crazy!!

I don't have 1.5 yet because I read so much about things not working and having to go through the SH4 dance all over, the modders are again fixing the bugs. And I'm not that interested in uboat mission, I prefer the fleet boat missions. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a patch or two, but I will end up with it sooner or later.

Peabody