PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a patch 1.6?

cherbert
03-27-08, 04:23 AM
Does anyone know if the developers will be able to release one more patch to fix as many of the niggles as they can?

Or have they disbanded now?

Sirkam
03-27-08, 04:44 AM
Of course, the add on needs a few ones.:up:
The only bad thing is that no date has been set for the next patch :down: .

Torplexed
03-27-08, 06:03 AM
I'm still stunned there was a 1.5. That's further than SH3 got.

THE_MASK
03-27-08, 06:21 AM
I would say the likelyhood of a 1.6 free patch is zero . But i would pay for another addon that had lots of new ships :yep: + bug fixes ;) .

Rockin Robbins
03-27-08, 12:53 PM
I'm still happy about 1.3! That was the beginning of a great SH4.

Ducimus
03-27-08, 06:37 PM
I dread the idea of another patch. Ive jumped through hoops 5 times now. Please dear god, no more!

Mush Martin
03-27-08, 06:49 PM
I dread the idea of another patch. Ive jumped through hoops 5 times now. Please dear god, no more!

Write a tut next game they are fire and forget.:yep:

Alex
03-27-08, 07:30 PM
A little post from one of the dev team members here would be appreciated. ;)

:smug: :up:

Ducimus
03-27-08, 07:56 PM
I seriously think they'll be at least one patch.

When it comes, i shall crawl up in a fetal position and go cry in some out of the way corner of my apartment. After words, ill pray to the Mod Gods to give me the strength to make TM patch compatible.. one more time. Then, i will shufflle zombielike back to my desk. Where i shall sit, every night from 9:30PM until 2 AM, until the "TMO Team" (aka, Me, myself, and I) is finished. This usually takes anywhere between 2 and 5 consecutive days.

Patch's..... love them.. and hate them. Folks from SH3 modding community, can be glad they haven't had to do this.

V.C. Sniper
03-27-08, 08:01 PM
Let there be update/patch version 1.6 to 2.0!!!!11

Ducimus
03-27-08, 10:04 PM
Let there be update/patch version 1.6 to 2.0!!!!11

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj314/Arrow-Fodder/Achmed.png
Silence! I keel you!

Edit:
Joking aside, if i knew there was going to be that many patchs. I would never think about modding ever again. I'd just wait for the devs to fix something next patch.

rrmelend
03-27-08, 10:07 PM
Silence! I keel you!

Jeff Dunham :rock:.

Ducimus
03-27-08, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Overboard
03-27-08, 11:06 PM
There might be one more patch for sh4....If the dev team find to many bugs with
the Uboat addon, but most likely not.

Charlie901
03-28-08, 12:10 AM
I just hope they at least patch the U-boat expansion to allow for German speech in GE Campaign and English speech for U.S. Campaign...

This was a major oversight! :down:

LukeFF
03-28-08, 02:35 AM
Silence! I keel you!

Good evening...infidel. :stare:

Alex
03-28-08, 04:50 AM
Are you scared ? :stare: http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1469/evilgrinkw3.gif

GerritJ9
03-28-08, 05:14 AM
Apart from German speech, the devs should also consider allowing for the community to add Japanese, proper English and Dutch speech packs plus IJN, RN and RNethN as playable navies. There are enough competent modders around who could add IJN, RN and RNethN subs to the sim, plus the necessary single missions/campaigns. This would cover the whole underwater spectrum for the Far East/Pacific area. I'd happily pay for an addon which would allow such expansion.

Alex
03-28-08, 05:54 AM
And I want to see my blue lighting when running silent ! :huh:

THE_MASK
03-28-08, 06:05 AM
Apart from German speech, the devs should also consider allowing for the community to add Japanese, proper English and Dutch speech packs plus IJN, RN and RNethN as playable navies. There are enough competent modders around who could add IJN, RN and RNethN subs to the sim, plus the necessary single missions/campaigns. This would cover the whole underwater spectrum for the Far East/Pacific area. I'd happily pay for an addon which would allow such expansion. I would like to see an english slang speech pack . Gordon bennett , that last salvo of torps have gone t!ts up . Righto old boy , reload and all that hey . Jolly good show old chap .

Sonarman
03-28-08, 07:17 AM
Or have they disbanded now?

That's what I dread, after sh3 the team seemed to be decimated, thankfully Dan, Mhai & Tudor still seem to be around. Hopefully they can keep the ball rolling with further addons while they develop a proposal for the next in the series. It probably all hangs on the sales of the U_boat missions addon coupled with the comittement & passion of the subsim community & the development team.

Jimbuna
03-28-08, 07:30 AM
Apart from German speech, the devs should also consider allowing for the community to add Japanese, proper English and Dutch speech packs plus IJN, RN and RNethN as playable navies. There are enough competent modders around who could add IJN, RN and RNethN subs to the sim, plus the necessary single missions/campaigns. This would cover the whole underwater spectrum for the Far East/Pacific area. I'd happily pay for an addon which would allow such expansion. I would like to see an english slang speech pack . Gordon bennett , that last salvo of torps have gone t!ts up . Righto old boy , reload and all that hey . Jolly good show old chap .

I think you'd find that the British reminology used in submarines was a world apart from that used by the RAF.

Q3ark
03-28-08, 09:01 AM

I think you'd find that the British reminology used in submarines was a world apart from that used by the RAF.

No normal person here in England spoke like that back then. It's just bull stereotyping and it fully winds me up:damn:

Wilcke
03-28-08, 11:36 AM
How about another addon, $29.99 on DVD or $10 electronic DL! Anyone buying? I would!:up:

TDK1044
03-28-08, 12:34 PM
My money would be on another patch. :D

Sirkam
03-31-08, 02:34 AM
The 1.6 i hope it will be for free....not Pay Per Play :rotfl: .

Kapitan_Phillips
03-31-08, 11:12 AM
I'd help make an English crew mod.

"Bollocks! Jap destroyer pinging us!"

Jimbuna
03-31-08, 12:31 PM
LOL :rotfl:

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img524/3058/sailornt1rr8.gif

AVGWarhawk
03-31-08, 03:25 PM

I think I would call it another addon. :up:

Lagger123987
03-31-08, 04:41 PM

Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific: Tally-Ho or The Royal Silent Service?

Alex
03-31-08, 05:06 PM

:hmm:... Patch, I think.

@ Dan of Mihai : please tell us ! :D

Pikes
03-31-08, 05:55 PM
Content update/SDK please! as far as i can see i think the "bug fixes" are done here...:up: UBI lost the immersion moving to the pacific IMHO. At the moment SH4 is lacking some of the really good things about SH3/GWX. Notably the GWX part...:o

SH4 rekindled my interest and i went back to SH3. For one i cant seem to stick the American targetting system. Where in a U-boat I could never have to pop my scope - do sonar plotting and set a solution manually, in the American boats i have to lock onto a target and identify it with the scope before the whole thing kicks off. That plus manual salvos and fiddling with those knobs...

I'm a British patriot but theres nothing more immersive than "Achtung!" baby...:yep:

Mikhayl
03-31-08, 06:41 PM
Just have to give the game some time, GWX 2.0, LSH3 and WAC 3.0 came/are coming about 3 years after the initial release of SH3. The U-Boot add-on has been out only a few months :)

Ducimus
03-31-08, 07:09 PM
*sigh*

Why do i even bother.

Alex
03-31-08, 07:22 PM
I'm a British patriot but theres nothing more immersive than "Achtung!" baby...:yep:

LOL ! :rotfl:

SH4 rekindled my interest and i went back to SH3. For one i cant seem to stick the American targetting system. Where in a U-boat I could never have to pop my scope - do sonar plotting and set a solution manually, in the American boats i have to lock onto a target and identify it with the scope before the whole thing kicks off.

You should have a look right here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118923), Sir. :up:

Jimbuna
04-01-08, 03:36 AM

Or even "Aloha!, Achtung!" baby :lol:

CaptainHaplo
04-01-08, 06:19 AM
While there has been no official word that I know of, its usual that a commercial app gets at least one patch budgeted, as was mentioned above. I would suspect they are looking for a "comprehensive" bug list and then seeing what it will take to fix them, along with what minor tweaks can they throw in.

Sailor Steve
04-01-08, 07:56 AM
*sigh*

Why do i even bother.
Is that a trick question?:rotfl:

I've spent twenty years doing research on guns, armor and all kinds of ships from the 1890s through the First World War, and countless hours typing and drawing pictures; all for a tabletop miniatures wargame that will almost certainly never see the light of day.

Why do you bother? Because it's what you do. You're an addict, just like all game designers.:sunny:

Syxx_Killer
04-24-08, 09:39 PM

Do you guys or anyone else know of anything else yet? It's been a while and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything different.

FIREWALL
04-24-08, 09:46 PM
I'm sure the UBI suits figure they can wring another $10.00 out of all of us. :p

cherbert
04-26-08, 01:05 PM
Its been a while now.

I think its pretty obvious we aren't getting anything more out of Romania, at least where SH4 is concerned.

Kapitan_Phillips
04-29-08, 06:07 AM
Thus this thread will be closed :yep: