PDA

View Full Version : Asset manangement a little overwhelming?

M. Sarsfield
03-26-08, 12:34 PM
Has anyone experienced this issue when it comes to directing other assets to intercept convoys? At rank 7 it's a full time job. I think a large part of the problem is the huge, inordinate amount of allied convoys spawning. My cruisers are always running into fresh meat to kill. Especially between Brisbane and Sydney. It's like traffic rush hour there.

Rockin Robbins
03-26-08, 01:06 PM
lurker_hlb and RSRD are attacking that problem right now. I look forward to the results! I love having lots of targets, but maybe it is too much.

wetwarev7
03-26-08, 01:11 PM
Is it overwhelming using time compression or during real time? Also, is it too many assets, or too many targets?

(Just curious. I just got the expansion pack-on my first patrol now)

M. Sarsfield
03-26-08, 01:49 PM
The fastest TC that I use is 128. I have a lot of assets and there are a lot of targets. I have about 10 cruisers and auxiliaries, 2 carrier groups, and 6 or 7 air bases to coordinate with. The endless supply of targets makes it a full-time job to keep up with the task.

In reality, a u-boat MIGHT have one plane at his disposal during a patrol for limited periods of time to do a search. Coordinating with all of these ships and aircraft like you're Admiral Doenitz is a bit far-fetched.

Raptor1
03-26-08, 01:53 PM
I don't think you need to worry about them all, They're supposed to assist you when you need them, you don't need to tell them where to go when they're on the other side of the ocean...

wetwarev7
03-26-08, 02:21 PM
The fastest TC that I use is 128. I have a lot of assets and there are a lot of targets. I have about 10 cruisers and auxiliaries, 2 carrier groups, and 6 or 7 air bases to coordinate with. The endless supply of targets makes it a full-time job to keep up with the task.

In reality, a u-boat MIGHT have one plane at his disposal during a patrol for limited periods of time to do a search. Coordinating with all of these ships and aircraft like you're Admiral Doenitz is a bit far-fetched.

That does seem a bit overwhelming. I would think it would make more sense to have one group available to help you(like whichever group was closest to you). I can understand having air support from multible bases, but not the ability to control the whole navy...

How far away are you able to control them from?

M. Sarsfield
03-26-08, 03:24 PM
The ships are scattered from south Africa to Sydney Austrailia and I'm west of Darwin Australia. Most are in the Indian Ocean and are hundreds to thousands of kilometers away.

M. Sarsfield
03-27-08, 09:31 AM
I've decided to hang up the German career for a while and go back to enjoying the US side. Until the German campaign layers are overhauled, it's really not worth playing that side at this point.