PDA

View Full Version : U-Boot Single Mission Problem

MataHari
03-19-08, 03:37 PM
I use the Mission Editor to create a SM with a playable U-boot. The file is saved with the extension « misge » automatically. But when I try to load it back, the Mission Editor can't recognize it. I have to change the extension to « mis » for it to be recognized.

When I run SH4, I select the German Quick Mission and my SM shows up but the sub type selection shows "Unknown" and the list is empty. I can't start it. :damn:

Would someone please tell me how to make it work.

Thanks.

peabody
04-30-08, 01:01 AM
I use the Mission Editor to create a SM with a playable U-boot. The file is saved with the extension « misge » automatically. But when I try to load it back, the Mission Editor can't recognize it. I have to change the extension to « mis » for it to be recognized.

When I run SH4, I select the German Quick Mission and my SM shows up but the sub type selection shows "Unknown" and the list is empty. I can't start it. :damn:

Would someone please tell me how to make it work.

Thanks.
I don't know if you ever got an answer, but I was doing a search for something else and this post came up. When you go to load or save a mission there is a box "File of type" at the bottom to select either American or German mission. Just select German mission and then you will see it and you can load it.

Peabody

Syxx_Killer
04-30-08, 08:04 AM
What peabody says, sounds like the issue. As far as the sub showing as unknown, I'm unsure exactly what the issue is even though I experienced it once when making my mission pack. I suggest double checking the entry date & time of the player sub with the mission parameter date & time. If that don't work, delete the player sub and add it again. I think that is what I did.

peabody
04-30-08, 09:25 AM
What peabody says, sounds like the issue. As far as the sub showing as unknown, I'm unsure exactly what the issue is even though I experienced it once when making my mission pack. I suggest double checking the entry date & time of the player sub with the mission parameter date & time. If that don't work, delete the player sub and add it again. I think that is what I did.

I think in his case the reason is because he saved a german sub as an american mission. The only time I ever got unknown was when I tried to add the playable DD and added the ship when I was suppose to add the sub it was built on, so I'm just guessing since that is a totally different reason.

Peabody

ivank
05-19-08, 06:14 PM
i had the same problem, but after deleting the user ship and re placeing it the mission worked. but then a bigger problem came up; i wanted to use the Pocket Battleship instead of the u-boats, but the game menu only gives me the option of a uboat? i dont know what to do?