PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Add On Version 1.5 - Need Patches?

Murphy
03-11-08, 05:59 PM
Do I still need to download the 1.4 patches?

I have a dial up connection. Getting a large patch is not easy.
I bought SH4, on disk. Right now I play it Vanilla, not patched, version 1.0.

If I purchase the SH4 Add on (version 1.5) will I still need to have the 1.4 patch to correct all the bugs?
Or will I simply have to add the 'Add On', and it will automatically patch it up to date?

Another question.....I do not have an internet connection on my gaming machine. Will I have a problem with the 'secureurom' copyright protection?
Or can I just install the game and play without the thing wanting to 'phone home'?

I hated Starforce, and quite playing SHIII because of it. By the time UBI realized it ruined the game and came out with the Starforce 'fix', I was burned out with all the problems, and quit playing it. It left a bad taste. My concern is that SH4 doesn't follow in that line of intrusiveness.....making the game unpleasant....lockups etc.....I have no problems with SH4 right now, it runs fine, but has bugs I'd like fixed (Patch 1.4 will do that). Will the 'Add On' have any effect on this?

stabiz
03-11-08, 06:19 PM
Version 1.5 includes all patches, so nothing else required. I dont know if it dials home, though, as I am always connected to the web-thingy.

Murphy
03-11-08, 06:26 PM
Thanks Stabiz....that's half my problems solved.

Now, if I was just sure the Add On will run smooth, without me having an internet connection.....I'll order the disk today :up: .

Torplexed
03-11-08, 07:31 PM
Now, if I was just sure the Add On will run smooth, without me having an internet connection.....I'll order the disk today :up: .
I ordered the physical disk from GoGamer. Installed without a hitch. Everything is running smooth so far.:cool:

Kapitan_Phillips
03-11-08, 07:58 PM
I ordered the physical disk from GoGamer. Installed without a hitch. Everything is running smooth so far.:cool:

Glad to hear it, Torpy. Good hunting!

Torplexed
03-11-08, 08:03 PM

Thanks! Although I'm still getting over the shock of seeing my German crew in tropical shorts. :o It looks like Hitler Youth Day in the control room.

Murphy
03-11-08, 08:04 PM
Great news Torplexed.
I'll order it right now.
I take it you also have a box with no internet connection.
Sometimes these CRP programs don't allow for that.

GoGamers' $30 is a little steep, but 100 bucks a month for a wireless connection, is out of the question.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-11-08, 08:05 PM
Thanks! Although I'm still getting over the shock of seeing my German crew in tropical shorts. :o It looks like Hitler Youth Day in the control room.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm glad to see my Chief still has his natural incredibly annoyed look. :up:

Torplexed
03-11-08, 08:10 PM
Great news Torplexed.
I'll order it right now.
I take it you also have a box with no internet connection.
Sometimes these CRP programs don't allow for that.

GoGamers' $30 is a little steep, but 100 bucks a month for a wireless connection, is out of the question.
I have dial-up, but I wasn't in the mood to spend a weekend or a week downloading it that way. :lol: So I just bought it. It took about 6 days to arrive from when I ordered it.