PDA

View Full Version : Does the periscope has a wake?

basilio
03-05-08, 09:20 AM
Sorry for this stupid question, but I used the search option and found no results.
When you are travelling underwater, at periscope depth, looking at the sub from outside do you see a wake (foam) made by the periscope, like on Sh3?

Kapitan_Phillips
03-05-08, 09:23 AM
I believe you do, yes. Though I rarely have my scope up long enough to notice ;)

Yeah, usually some destroyers snapped the bloody thing off :lol:

McBeck
03-05-08, 09:43 AM
Sorry for this stupid question, but I used the search option and found no results.
When you are travelling underwater, at periscope depth, looking at the sub from outside do you see a wake (foam) made by the periscope, like on Sh3?Not having gotten the expansion yet I cant tell for sure, but in stock SH4 you would. I doubt thet would remove such a feature ;)

Zantham
03-05-08, 11:24 AM
And it seems to depend how fast your travelling too, from what I can tell. They seem to spot you much quicker if your really motoring underwater with your periscope up.

Wild_skipper
03-05-08, 12:44 PM
I just found out you cant see the wake i was traveling flank speed submerged to see but there isnt a wake :cry:

Dowly
03-05-08, 02:17 PM
I just found out you cant see the wake i was traveling flank speed submerged to see but there isnt a wake :cry:

How UBI does it? Magical... :hmm:

Ragtag
03-05-08, 02:27 PM
No periscope wake and there is no wake around the tower when diving either like in SH3 or stock SH4.

Wild_skipper
03-05-08, 02:32 PM
But i did found out that the uboats are overpowerd:D just had a 30 minute ( real life ) surfaced attack with 4 dd's killed 2 with the deckgun before sinking :rock:

Burnspot
03-05-08, 08:06 PM
No wake problems here, I see them just fine. It seems that they're just a bit less pronounced than before...I do run PE though, so perhaps that makes a difference.

THE_MASK
03-05-08, 08:34 PM
Maybe you need environmental effects or something checked in the graphics options . Just a guess .

basilio
03-06-08, 03:39 AM
Thank you all for your answers!
I have everything enabled (maxed out) in the graphic options, apart from volumetric fog.
I forgot to mention that I have, also, the following mods installed.
1) Remove the grainy effect;
2) Capt. Cox Less Water limber holes;
3) Capt. Cox Bow Conning Foam Kit;
4) Capt. Cox Improved Bow Wake Kit.
I suspect that mods 2, 3 and 4 could be the problem.
The only strange thing is that when launching an US sub mission I can see the periscope wake without problems

Ragtag
03-06-08, 03:41 AM
I have no wakes and im only running the nomograph mod.
All gfx settings maxed out to included processing filters.

Charlie901
03-07-08, 09:48 PM
No wake on stock plus 1.5 here either...

I was wondering why there was no scope wake... It looks really weird.

We need a fix ASAP!!!

basilio
03-09-08, 06:05 AM
No wake problems here, I see them just fine. It seems that they're just a bit less pronounced than before...I do run PE though, so perhaps that makes a difference.
It seems that you are the only one who can actually see the pericope wake.
Can you post a screenshot and your computer specs?