PDA

View Full Version : My new abilities!!

Domestos
03-02-08, 03:28 AM
Morning.
I'm sorry if I've missed this, but how do I get a recon of my patrol area?
I see it in the Captain's Abilities clipboard, but I can't work out how to activate it.

In fact, whilst I'm confused... How do I turn on my Expert Sonarman (TM) or is he on a constant high due to too much Kafee und Kuchen?

I'm having a whale of a time in my Type ix, I finally understand Manual Targeting and stuff, I've sunk 25k already and I've not reached my patrol zone yet.
Is it a simple matter to 'thin out' the traffic, I run more risk of a collision than being shot at in the stock game!!

Guten Jagd

Raptor1
03-02-08, 03:40 AM
For the scouts, you select the airbase in the navmap and then click where you want it to go (same goes for support ships)

Didn't really understand the last part...

stabiz
03-02-08, 05:00 AM
I'm having a whale of a time in my Type ix, I finally understand Manual Targeting and stuff, I've sunk 25k already and I've not reached my patrol zone yet.
Is it a simple matter to 'thin out' the traffic, I run more risk of a collision than being shot at in the stock game!!

:rotfl:

Ragtag
03-02-08, 05:42 AM
Morning.
In fact, whilst I'm confused... How do I turn on my Expert Sonarman (TM) or is he on a constant high due to too much Kafee und Kuchen?
Guten Jagd

Some special abilities are passive and some has to be activated. If you point your mouse over the ability you get an explanation and you can see weither it is an active or passive ability. When it comes to the sonarman the ability is passive meaning its always on. As i understand it its only working when that particular crewman is on duty or when you call battlestations but im not quite sure.

maerean_m
03-02-08, 12:07 PM
The abilities are not affected by the current watch or by "battle stations" being active.

Saintaw
03-03-08, 01:18 PM
The abilities are not affected by the current watch or by "battle stations" being active.

Oh, you mean that a passive ability is also active while that ossifer is not on duty (and/or we're not at battle stations)?

Ewwwwwww...

maerean_m
03-03-08, 01:54 PM
Oh, you mean that a passive ability is also active while that ossifer is not on duty (and/or we're not at battle stations)?

Ewwwwwww... Something like "he can teach his mates and supervise them while he's off duty".

Saintaw
03-03-08, 02:08 PM
Oh, i didn't know I was talking to the PR guy :D

Oh well, not that I care so much for micromanaging anyway, this sounds easier :)