PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Activate The Damn Thing??

Schnee
02-29-08, 09:28 PM
Downloaded from UBIsoft, prior to the download got my unlock key, when starting the .exe file, was prompted by a box saying I had to unlock the file.

Okay - so I cut and pasted my activation code SH4-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX for example into the manual activation field and got an error: format wrong. Okay. took the dashes out - same error. Took the dashes out, changed what I thought were 0's to O's (which I know is wrong) but I'm getting pretty damn desparate!!

Even relogged into the U/S website, hit downloads, got my key again and it STILL
wouldn't work (same key also).

Needless to say I'm somewhat annoyed - am I missing something simple?

theluckyone17
02-29-08, 09:40 PM
Stupid question, but did you try typing it manually?

I've cut & pasted things before, ended up grabbing a space at the end of the stuff to be copied, and the parser puked. Bad programming? Yeah. Stuff we have to deal with anyway? You betcha.

Schnee
02-29-08, 10:11 PM
Stupid question, but did you try typing it manually?

I've cut & pasted things before, ended up grabbing a space at the end of the stuff to be copied, and the parser puked. Bad programming? Yeah. Stuff we have to deal with anyway? You betcha.

You bet - entered it 2-3 times manually , trying caps/no caps, no dashes/dashes, cust and paste - NOTHING works. Checked the key twice. Kinda frustrating.

theluckyone17
02-29-08, 10:46 PM
Suppose it could be a bum key. Didn't I see a button on the activation page to contact Ubisoft for assistance?

TDK1044
02-29-08, 10:59 PM
Use the top field to enter your key. It will then conect to the website for authentication and then activate the game for you.

Schnee
02-29-08, 11:08 PM
Let me try that

Weather-guesser
02-29-08, 11:22 PM
I did the same thing Schnee...they called it a serial number at the top, but they want the activation key. :up:

DasLeakin
02-29-08, 11:37 PM
I had the same problem. After getting to the point of killin someone I entered the activation key from UBI in both feilds, serial number and activation code and the thing worked.:doh:

Schnee
03-01-08, 12:29 AM
Its UP and ROLLING....and and started at Singapore '43 - to deliver a load of supplies to Manila which I just did.

Man this is REAL cool! First impressions are pretty favourable. It looks like I wish SHIII looked :arrgh!: . One thing, it appears the radars for both surface a & air are kinda lame for Germans. That will take some getting used to. But being able to go deeper than 300-400ft won't! Diving in the blink of an eye is nice again, too!

Good thing its the weekend as I have a feeling I might be up most of the night! :huh: