PDA

View Full Version : US/UK import information

iricund
02-28-08, 06:39 PM
I have a couple of potential issues with the new add-on. From what I've read here and on the Ubi forums there is a potential conflict between using a UK native addon with a US copy of the stock game and vice-versa.

I bought myself a copy of SHIV whilst working in New York last year but have subsequently returned to the UK. Am I right in thinking that if I were to order a UK copy of the addon it would not be compatible with my US version of the stock game?

Quite why (and what for that matter) such a restriction would be put in place I do not know. But if I am indeed correct is there any means by which I can get hold of a US version of the addon?

Whilst I'm not particularly interested in the U-boat aspects of the add-on, in the interest of supporting the genre and in order to ensure my copy of SHIV remains future-proof on a modding front I really could do with a copy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

maerean_m
02-29-08, 01:55 AM
The only difference between EMEA and US versions is the logo. The Marketing guys decided the logo for the US should lack the 4 in Silent Hunter 4. That's it.

Unless the add-on's installer doesn't allow you to put it, the game itself works just fine.

iricund
02-29-08, 05:43 AM
Fantastic. Thanks for the swift reply. I'll grab a copy over here then this weekend.

Cheers

maerean_m
02-29-08, 07:22 AM
The colleague that created the installer for the add-on says your case (EMEA add-on over US SH4) has been handled. :up:

iricund
02-29-08, 07:43 AM
Cracking. Just ordered it from the UK Ubi store. Thanks once again.