PDA

View Full Version : Size of it all?

Private-Cowboy
02-28-08, 03:37 PM
Hi there.

I got SH4 back when it was released but never played it much. Now that the U-Boat Missions are out I'm thinking about getting the addon too. But my HDD is already pretty loaded because of my FSX.

Would someone be so kind and tell me how much space SH4+Addon takes? I know what the official requirements say but they are hardly the truth. So how large are the core game and addon combined without any further mods?

Thank you very very much.

badaboom
02-28-08, 04:02 PM
Looks like1.3 gigs of free hd space.Hey Welcome to the forum Private-Cowboy!!!!!

Private-Cowboy
02-28-08, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. About 1.3 for the expansion is ok. The vanilla SH4 uses what?

badaboom
02-28-08, 04:46 PM
My install is about 7 Gigs,If you're pressed for HD space you could always by a external hard drive,they're pretty cheap now and come in a lot of different sizes,most just plug right to a USB port.

Raptor1
02-28-08, 04:57 PM
My installation is 5.12GB total, fresh reinstall, so there shouldn't be any junk in there

Private-Cowboy
02-28-08, 05:05 PM
5.12GB for both? That's impressive and right up my alley. I have quite some space left (24GB atm) but I have to plan ahead for some bigger FSX addons I'm planning to get. And playing from a USB-HDD is not such a great idea since the CPU-load is much higher than from an internal hdd.

Thanks for the quotes. I'll get the expansion now. I love the idea behind it. I've seen every square inch of the atlantic in years of SH3. The monsoon boats are a great idea imho.

longam
02-28-08, 07:19 PM
Actually the external HD would be a place to move your DL data to free up room for installation of these programs.

I use an extra internal drive for the same thing and then an external to back it all up.

badaboom
02-28-08, 10:40 PM
Actually the external HD would be a place to move your DL data to free up room for installation of these programs.

I use an extra internal drive for the same thing and then an external to back it all up. Great idea!:up:

Rockin Robbins
02-29-08, 06:05 AM
That's where external SATA ports are so welcome! If you have them you're in business to run applications from an external HD without slow-down.:up: