PDA

View Full Version : Read Me

Onkel Neal
02-26-08, 10:10 PM
In case this has not been posted, yet,

Please make sure that you are installing the right add-on version for your game version.
This add-on can be applied on Silent Hunter 4 Original Version, on Patch 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4
This add-on will upgrade your version of Silent Hunter 4 to Silent Hunter 4 Add-on (v 1.5).

Note 1: The save games and replays that were made with the original version of Silent Hunter 4 or with Silent Hunter 4 patch 1.1 to 1.4 will be incompatible with the new add-on version.
Note 2: In Base autosaving are compatible between original version and Patches 1.1 to version 1.5.
Note 3: Multiplayer (LAN or Online) connection between the original version of Silent Hunter 4, any of the previous patches and the add-on is not possible.

To install Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Pacific - Addon you will need approximately 1.3 GB free hard disk space for the full install.
The most notable changes are:
1. German campaigns are now accesible through the main menu button "U-boat campaign". To play a career with the US Silent Service, use the new "American Career" button. The included campaign focuses on German operations in the Indian Ocean and nearby areas.
2. When commanding a German u-boat it is possible to enable the Kriegsmarine Grid Quadrant Overlay over the Navigation map.
3. The Submarine upgrade system and screen has been improved
4. Improved crew management system
5. New player and crew abilities available via crew management system
6. New Type IX D2 Long range U-boot
7. New Type XVIII Walther U-boat with unique propulsion system
8. Player has been given limited control over allied units (naval and air), depending on his current rank.
9. Game loading time has been greatly reduced though dynamic loading.
10. Maximum render distance increased to 20 km
11.Water rendering improvements
12.New warships
-Graf Spee Pocket Battleship
-Black Swan Class Sloop
-River Class Frigate - with a correct 3d model this time
-J Class Destroyer
-V&W Destroyer
-Flower Class Corvette
-Fiji class light cruiser
13.New Merchant Ships
-Hog Island type A Freighter
-Charlotte Schliemann supply ship
-California Express Passenger Freighter
-War Melody
-Paula medium tanker
14.New Aircraft
-Ar-196
-Sunderland Patrol Plane
-Beaufighter fighter bomber
15.Added more Generic unit types improving campaign editing and unit appearance control. Iowa and Yamato are now "Super Battleship" class and won't spawn as "Generic Battleship".

LukeFF
02-26-08, 10:57 PM
Added more Generic unit types improving campaign editing and unit appearance control. Iowa and Yamato are now "Super Battleship" class and won't spawn as "Generic Battleship".

Nice!

miner1436
02-26-08, 11:34 PM
Man this sounds awsome.:rock:

d@rk51d3
02-26-08, 11:37 PM
Re-installing to give it another try.:cool:

M. Sarsfield
02-27-08, 09:19 AM
I like what I see, but it sounds like we'll still have plenty of need for modders.

Did they paint the Ar-196's with Japanese markings like in real life?

jgbishop
02-27-08, 09:31 AM
Is there no indication anywhere of what bugs have been fixed? I see that there are performance improvements, but I'm wondering if there are specific problems in 1.4 that have been fixed.

TDK1044
02-27-08, 09:35 AM
Is there no indication anywhere of what bugs have been fixed? I see that there are performance improvements, but I'm wondering if there are specific problems in 1.4 that have been fixed.

There's a fine line here. In my view, you can't use a retail purchased product to fix issues in the existing game, unless you are also going to offer those fixes as a free patch for those not purchasing the retail product.

Schultzy
02-27-08, 05:15 PM
Roll on the 29th... Thanks for the appetiser Neal!

FIREWALL
02-27-08, 06:09 PM
I agree with TDK1044 :yep: Watch when enough addons have been sold the patch 1.5 will appear like Magic.

I sincerly feel sorry for the DEV's and how they must feel.
But they have to do as their told if they want to eat too.

I remember in April last year when a large majority of members who preordered SH4 wanted to do everything from Boycott,Sue,Hang or just burn UBI to the ground. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed.

But again UBI will come out and sell a glorified patch at as much as $29.99 that is close to the original price $49.99 for basic SH4.

I hope UBI doesn't forget the Faithful SubSimmers when their deciding at a future board meeting about SH-V.

CCIP
02-27-08, 06:20 PM
I still wonder why so many people complain about the price when you can get it for $9.95 and given that there's really no need for a manual or any fancy-pants content with this one... only a luddite would resist the idea :88) Honestly, I bought about 30 games in the last year, and 28 of them have been digital downloads.

And you can even get it bundled with SH4 for $26 from Direct2Drive.

TheSatyr
02-28-08, 02:11 PM
Explain to me why I should pay 10.00$ for something I don't want and have no interest in?

dcb
02-28-08, 02:26 PM
Explain to me why I should pay 10.00$ for something I don't want and have no interest in?
Then don't pay and don't use it. Nobody is forcing it down your throat.:nope:

M. Sarsfield
02-28-08, 02:44 PM
Exactly. We're just not sure why those of you who don't want it keep crying about it. That's like walking into a Ford dealership and complaining about the new 2008 vehicles that you don't intend to buy. :roll:

prologos
02-29-08, 06:49 PM
Then don't pay and don't use it. Nobody is forcing it down your throat.:nope:

Well said! You would be in a matter of speaking "forced" to buy it if the previous version of the game (1.4) was unplayable due to bugs and the new version fixed that. But this is NOT the case. The major thing that the add-on offers is a german campaign. Many people here are not interested in that and they will not buy it. Others like me were waiting for an opportunity to command a u-boat with the SH4 graphics and they will buy it. As far as I am concerned it is more than a fair deal to pay 10$ (7,5 Euros which is exactly the same as a cinema ticket here in Greece) for some extra content.

FIREWALL
02-29-08, 07:01 PM
Exactly. We're just not sure why those of you who don't want it keep crying about it. That's like walking into a Ford dealership and complaining about the new 2008 vehicles that you don't intend to buy. :roll:

Who in their right mind would buy a Ford anyway ?:rotfl:

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily