PDA

View Full Version : so What do you recomend

Mush Martin
12-06-07, 11:40 PM
In Looking at a Pirate or sailing sim I am looking for
good physics Good ships Good battles Good AI
Good(ish) Graphics

and moddable if possible

any recomendations for current state of the art?

NeonSamurai
12-07-07, 04:12 PM
Not that is current state of the art. My personal 2 favorites are sea dogs and the modded version of Pirates of the Caribean. Pirates! is ok too though not particularly realistic.

Tachyon
12-07-07, 06:22 PM
Sadly, there are very few Pirate games that fit your description Mush Martin.

For good physics and graphics, go for Age of Pirates. But that game is so buggy, it's nearly unplayable.

Do what NeonSamurai says, get Pirates of the Caribbean plus mods and you'll be playing that for a while.

Mush Martin
12-08-07, 01:13 AM
Thanks guys I can see it now.....
Snipers to the tops
Lower the mains'l
Grapples and borders away
For King For Country For 30 bucks at Electronics Boutique lads
Now into the Breach..................:arrgh!: Aaaarrrggggghhhhh!

:|\\uhm yeah! what was I saying
oh yeah thanks for the tips guys
I appreciate the input.
M

Tachyon
12-09-07, 12:34 AM
Just a small update regarding the POTC mods, one of the newer Alpha Builds (Still in testing and buggy) allows you to Capture colonies for yourself or for other nations, this is the only major feature present in Age of Pirates that wasn't implemented in POTC.

POTC mods at : http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showforum=37

GlobalExplorer
01-12-08, 02:34 PM
You could try Age of Sail 2 "Buccaneers Bounty" if you can still get a copy. Very old and buggy, but afaik it was the only sailing game ever that played like a simulation. With a good campaign, modding and without the bugs this one could have been a winner.

Gunner
01-13-08, 01:51 PM
If you decide to go with POTC Mush grab build 13, very stable, game is coded in C language, most file moddable, great grahics. I'm a moderator over at Pirates Ahoy! and am familiar with game if you need any help, just look for my handle {Skull} at P.A. :arrgh!: