View Full Version : A GWX problem
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Im having a bit of an installation problem, i installed the 5 bins and the .exe and put them in a folder in my documents and settings, when i try to run .exe it starts to install and then a message appears telling me a file is corrupted, when i hit ignore, another comes up and they never stop comming, can you guys tell me what im doing wrong?
11-21-2007, 07:38 PM
The download was not good. You need to download it again. I suggest you hold off with GWX and DL the new GWX 2.0
11-21-2007, 07:56 PM
11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Sounds like you've got my kind of luck miner. Hang in there and keep at it. We'll get you sorted.:ping:
11-22-2007, 03:03 AM
If your desperate for a bit of early excitement prior to the release of GWX 2.0....follow these instructions:
1.Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2. Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3. Reinstall SH3
4. If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)
5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future
6. Download theGWX.exe and the five .bin files. While there grab the v1.03 patch
7. Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts
8. Run GWX103.exe and follow the installation prompts
9. SH3 COMMANDER USERS: Download SH3Commander and download the GWX 1.02+ Cfg files for SH3 Commander and unzip the contents DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.