PDA

View Full Version : Gadzhiyevo and other Russian bases

Rosencrantz
11-06-07, 04:59 PM
Just tried to "build up" Gadzhiyevo base. It's a shame the world wide map in DW is not very exact in coastal areas. Water is usually too shallow, that's the main problem.
Just thinking, which bases could be worked out in DW, more or less detailed.

Have anybody else noticed, Norway coast line could be one of the best places in the sim to build sub bases? It's just that there is actually not a single real sub base in the Norway. (RL)
However I'm planning the mission where there could be a imagenary Nato/EU naval base near Tromso. Then it could be possible to travel from your base to Barents Sea and back.

-RC-

Kapitan
11-06-07, 05:01 PM
I should immagine gadzhievo and vidghiavo would be complicated areas to model i find it easier starting patrols at gremikha area, simply because theres deepish water or enough to not run you aground.

Rosencrantz
11-17-07, 04:57 AM
Hello Kapitän!

Yes, you are right. Gremikha is a good location to start.
Another thing with bases are anchored ships which are tricky thing to build in the scenario. Have to play with wind and current to get them stay in position.
But... You'll never get everything. :down:

-RC-

Bill Nichols
11-24-07, 10:58 AM
Hello Kapitän!

Yes, you are right. Gremikha is a good location to start.
Another thing with bases are anchored ships which are tricky thing to build in the scenario. Have to play with wind and current to get them stay in position.
But... You'll never get everything. :down:

-RC-

"Have to play with wind and current to get them stay in position." That is, of course, why ships have anchors. Something for the devs to think about...

:|\\